E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Suspension Chirp/Cheep/Squeak on bumps

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 04:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Merc E-500
Suspension Chirp/Cheep/Squeak on bumps

First off, I am a true believer of Arnott Suspension, I have it on all four corners and I love the confidence that the car will be "up" when ever I drive it.

So now that I have Arnotts installed I am getting a chirp (like a tweety bird under the fender) in the back and front. I was getting the chirping from the front after I had the upper control arms replaced, ball joints and lower control arm bushing as well as new front Arnotts. I figured my front suspension had about 1-2K miles onit so it needed to lube/break in with the new parts.

To me it sounds like a shock air valving chirp or a high pitched bearing squeak. None of the new bushings or control arms have grease zirks so it is not lack of lubrication.

Any ideas?

It may be just the front, bit the roads are so bumpy in Guam it sounds like a flock of tweety birds flying under my car so I cannot isolate it to the front or rear at this time.

The chirp is the same pitch at low and 35 - 45 mph. Island wide speed limit is 35mph, so I rarely get above 50mph.

Input is appreciated.