Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 08:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e220 cdi
w211 from england, buzzing and colour code help

hello from england

Dads bought a w211 gold colour e class estate

c220 cdi automatic.

when you unlock the car theres a buzzing sound under the bonnet for a few seconds, I'm unable to locate its exact location but does anyone have any idea what this could be? it can also happen when engine turned on or off etc, its completely random, doesn't seem to happen at specific intervals.

also, does anyone know where I can find the colour code for the car, the owners manual says on the vin plate but theres a bunch on numbers on there

any helps great thanks

tom
Old 10-13-2012, 01:14 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
E200 MY97 , E350 MY06
First Welcome To The Forum !

Now, "c220 cdi automatic." i believe you meant E220 CDI, which year is it ? Is it pre-facelift ? If yes then the buzzing sound you might be hearing might possibly be the SBC pump, nothing to worry about, you may also hear that noise when you brake during low speeds.

Now for the color, you can run your VIN in this website: http://www.auto-parts.spb.ru/cat/cat...&client=dr2000

Then click on Datacard on the top right corner, you will get the list of all the options fitted to your call as well as Exterior/Interior color, engine and transmission serial number and so on !

Enjoy !

Last edited by PortAxePlayer1; 10-13-2012 at 04:30 PM.