E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

What the heck does this mean?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2013 | 01:53 AM

Thumbs up What the heck does this mean?

I have a 2005 E320 CDI. I wanted to reset the Service D warning and found some instructions on the forum and successfully reset it back to 13,000 miles before it's due. HOWEVER, when I started my car, I got the following 2 new messages - and, they were in the form of questions:

1. Has Emissions inspection been performed?

2. Has Main Inspection been performed?

I have spent literally hours trying to get rid of these messages, but nothing I do on the computer through the steering wheel controls is getting rid of these annoying questions. Also, it's not throwing a CEL or codes so the code reader is not helping.

Does anyone have instructions on how to get rid of these messages, or answer yes to the questions to lose them? It would make my day to see them disappear. Thanks, and Happy New Year all!

X55 MGR
Old 01-05-2013 | 12:56 AM

04 E500
If you Google "Mercedes Emission inspection," the answer to your question is in the very first link that comes up (after the ad, if there is one): http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w211...tion-time.html
Old 01-06-2013 | 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by DanG2
If you Google "Mercedes Emission inspection," the answer to your question is in the very first link that comes up (after the ad, if there is one): http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w211...tion-time.html
Dang2, thanks a million for your response. I followed your link, went out to my car, and was able to get rid of the messages. It's nice when the only response to my query is spot on - very much appreciated!!!

X55 MGR