E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

DMV registration fee

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E-500
I had no charges for anything with my replacement, and they transferred my special license plates for free as well.

However, the NAV and all audio went out the second day, and it's in to be fixed now. The entire audio system and NAV would turn off and then come back on in a few seconds. It would then work for a few minutes and fail again. Problem is similar to the audio gateway problem I experienced with high ambient temperatures on my original car. I would have thought they could have corrected this by now.
Old 08-20-2003, 12:18 PM

S550, GL450
Etenn, Thank You for your support! Also thank you to other board members giving me suggestion! It is great to have this excellent forum where we enthusiants can share our joy, excitment, experience, as well as problems to our proudly owned cars. This is a place to meet friends. Thumbs Up!

Dlau
2003 E500 Brilliant Silver, Stone, parktronic, split folding rear seat, rear side blinds, power rear shade, command II, CD changer, wood wheel, E2, and E3 Sport package
Old 08-20-2003, 12:29 PM

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally posted by Double Eagle
Problem is similar to the audio gateway problem I experienced with high ambient temperatures on my original car. I would have thought they could have corrected this by now.
This is quite a troubling issue. It seems like you are always reading about different stress tests that car manufacturers perform, I would assume that heat would be a basic stress test. How could MB not have a solution for this yet, and the costs they are incurring replacing all these gateways must be huge? MB needs hire some PC thermal experts to solve this problem, ever opened a laptop to see all the creative things they do to dissipate heat from the processor???
Old 08-20-2003, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
Dlau can you please check your Private Meassages, thanks
Old 08-20-2003, 10:16 PM

E500
I just received notification from DMV that my registration is due on 9/9. My replacement vehicle won't be in until 9/25. What should I do? Pay or wait???

TIA,
Steve