E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Need Advice on Calipers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2013 | 01:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 BMW M235i
Need Advice on Calipers

I have spent many sleepless nights (lol) pondering this but I am really torn as to what I should do. In my "Fog Light Surrounds & Customizations" thread one of the proposed mods I was planning on was painting my calipers.

Being 4-Matic I was told by one member that I should just leave them as the rear calipers have the pads that show. Another friend also told me "don't touch the calipers as it looks like rice on top of rice." However I have had a lot of people say the opposite.

What should I do??? I personally think it would look much better, but I am still torn as to what I should do. I was thinking about going with a pearl white to contrast my black car (I know it would get dirty though...) - my dad suggested red but I sort of hate that look... I've also seen a light silver recommended.

So please MBWorld - help me decide. Should I paint them? If so, what color? Thanks.
Old 01-11-2013 | 08:30 AM
Out Of Control!!
Veteran: Army

1999 E300TD
I agree painting the calipers look------. If you want to enhance the look of your MB get green flashing colored underbody lights installed.

Then install a tow hitch and build and tow a small smoker and start selling BBQ ribs or smoked mullet.

Now thats an attention getter that will help pay off your enhancement costs!!
Old 01-11-2013 | 09:53 AM
Out Of Control!!

2007 W211 E350 4Matic / 2008 X164 GL320 CDI
If you want o paint them properly go with a natural aluminum color.
They will stay cleaner than natural and not show corrosion.
Old 01-11-2013 | 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 BMW M235i
Plutoe you gave me a good laugh, though red flashing lights will give me more horsepower and I don't have room for a tow hook due to the tripple decker diffuser I am installing to match my tripple decker wing.

N_Jay, that's what I have been thinking. Go with an aluminum color or natural metal color (even a grey would be fine) rather than a white or other solid color. That way, as you said, it will stay cleaner looking.