E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

radio has went out for the 4th time.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 12:30 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 e500 sport
Angry radio has went out for the 4th time.

everytime i take my car in for the radio problem. i get it back and it will only works for a couple hours. I have set another appointment to take it in again. has anyone radio went out this many times? I know its minor problem but is there a lemon law for this? i'm getting very pissed off at this car every since i gotten it. I love the caralot but it has way to many problem. The car has been the shop longer then i have had it. anyone know the chances of me getting another car? thanks
Old 08-04-2003, 07:43 AM

LEXUS
Check with the Texas State Government Consumer Affairs Office for the lemon law specifics. The laws differ in each state, and not all have one. It usually involves the number of repair attempts (same vehicle/same repair) in a given period of time (like a month). Your problem may be the dealership service staff lacking the knowledge/skill to fix your car. The cure for that may be finding another dealership.

There are numerous reports on this forum about cars with lots of problems. You could sell the car. However, be prepared for a shock...according to reports on this forum, the 211s' resale value has dropped like a rock. If you financed, the car may be seriously below your pay off. If you leased, you may be able to terminate early with a penalty.
Old 08-04-2003, 07:52 AM

2004 E 4matic StationWagon
Resale Value?

Slipnby, can you direct me to the discussion of dropping resale values? I must have missed it, and now I can't find it.
Old 08-04-2003, 07:57 AM

LEXUS
Re: Resale Value?

Originally posted by KShortill
Slipnby, can you direct me to the discussion of dropping resale values? I must have missed it, and now I can't find it.
Go to the 3250 coupon thread above. Near the end there is reference to another thread...

http://www.mbnz.org/forums/messages...616&id=3&view=t
Old 08-04-2003, 08:27 AM

2003 E500
Ng, I had my cd changer/audio malfunction several times on my pre-NAV. It was on the 3rd CD changer when I turned in the car.. but the last CD changer had been in there about 4+ months so I think they got it fixed finally.

Peter