E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

NAV System Drop Outs ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2003 | 01:33 PM

2007 E350 Sport Package
NAV System Drop Outs ??

Has anyone had problmes with the NAV system dropping out.

I have had the system "get lost" and not be able to find me. I get a display that says "off road". Eventually when the system does find me it put's me a few miles away from where I catually am.

For those of you in the L.A. are this only seems to happen in the Culver City/West L.A. Area. Has this happened to you here? Wild guess I dropped out jsut as I got near the Federal Building in West L.A. I wonder if it's some sort of security thing that "blacks out" near a government installation ??!!

Also the system shows me at an altitude of approx. 500 feet and I am pretty sure we are at sea level here in L.A. Does anyone know how accurate this reading is?

Bringing it in to dealer tomorrow to see if it is calibrated properly.
Old 08-11-2003 | 02:12 PM

2003 MB E500
No. The only time I have off road displayed is when I'm in a parking lot since they are not on the DVD.
Old 08-11-2003 | 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
same as Ray, only in a parking lot. Just took a trip up to Cooperstown NY and there are some REAL remote areas up there. Didn't drop out once.
Old 08-12-2003 | 02:06 PM

2007 E350 Sport Package
Originally posted by cte430
same as Ray, only in a parking lot. Just took a trip up to Cooperstown NY and there are some REAL remote areas up there. Didn't drop out once.
Well mine is in the shop today. I may have a bad unit and/or it was set up poorly.
I'll go a day and everything is fine and then all of a sudden the system sees zero satellites.

Let you all know what the diagnosis and the fix is.