E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

One Touch Close-sunroof

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 & Q7
why they would be any different than the regular sun roofs as far as the one touch close
I don't know the regular one in e but I have to manually open/close shade in my bimmer's roof shade -- though it has one-touch button for both open/close glass roof.
Old 08-14-2003, 04:01 PM

2003 E320
Thanks for all you your replys,

This is what I have found out through some reasearch and a call to MBUSA:

Although I did not post this fact in my original post...the "tunnel"
mode closes everything except the sunroof. I know that the "tunnel" mode is suppose to close everything. Have not tried to use the smartkey to close sunroof remotely yet, however it did close everything before this light assembly was dicked with.

The 2003 E class brochure states that the sunroof (E2 pack.) is one touch (close). A call to MBUSA Tech services (Bernard...great guy) also confirmed that the sunroof (E2) is one touch (close).

He became very upset that my dealor would release the car to me from their service dept. without out completing a QA test on the funtions...he said "they are not suppose to do that"

He documented my concern/complant in the computer...I don't know what that is suppose to do...and said to take it back and have them "version code" the unit...the fixture in in fact ANOTHER computer.

As I was researching, I found some language in the above mentioned brochure that states that the PANO roof is not one touch close.

The car goes back into the shop on Monday, I will report back.

Last edited by CaptMike; 08-14-2003 at 04:28 PM.
Old 08-19-2003, 01:27 PM

2003 E320
The dealor fixed the one touch close feature on my E2 sunroof.
BTW-replacement light assemble was correct part. No wrong part was ordered. Tech just version coded (correctly) the assembly.

My service advisor also thought that the pano owners may be able to have their control "version coded" so they are able one touch close as well.

regarding the "tunnel" mode:

I have found that all windows/sunroof will open as well using the same tecnique as "close" on the recirc. button but starting when the recirc. is ON. For all the windows to go down you willl need to first put all the windows and sunroof down with there respective controls. Then when you activate the tunnel mode to close everything, the next time you push and hold the recirc. button all the windows/sunroof will reopen.

There is a memory, so if you only want your windows to OPEN partially when the recirc button is pressed you have to put those windows/sunfoof in YOUR desired position manually first.

Last edited by CaptMike; 08-19-2003 at 01:35 PM.