E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Car was drowned, need some help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2013 | 05:17 PM

none yet
Car was drowned, need some help

Hey guys, so My girlfriends 2004 E500 4-Matic was flooded during hurricane Sandy but the water made it up to the doors only and flooding my passenger side. I replaced all the modules and cleaned the connector wires. The car finally starts with the help of a Mercedes Benz Master Mechanic (family member so it was free thank god) but now I have an issue with the heater.

I believe a while ago we got her a new Heater control valve before the flood due to her rear ac blowing out only hot air regardless of temp set and after the flood I just replaced the Module on top of the drivers side windshield under the hood as the mechanic told me the computer does not connect to the ac unit because of that.

Once replaced the computer connects and shows no errors but it still doesn't blow out any hot air. It's cold here in New York and I came across a thread where a gentleman posted DIY pics of changing the control valve and that seemed to fix his similar problem of not giving off heat but I was wondering if maybe the flood had anything to do with it. I waited until the whole car was dry before I started it up and cleaned out whatever corrosion and gunk was on the floor of the passenger and driver side.

I feel bad to ask for more help from the Master mechanic as he's done way more than enough for free already and I can't afford to take it to the dealership to get it diagnosed. Would you think changing the control valve again would help?
Old 02-07-2013 | 06:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 E63, 2011 Hyundai Genesis 4.6 v8, 2013 GMC Denali XL, 1965 Ford Mustang, 2005 Merc. E500
Your insurance company should have handled this and maybe you would have a new car.
Old 02-07-2013 | 07:02 PM

E
Did you contact your insurance company? If flood water came into the cabin, you will have a mold problem in the future which can be a health risk.
Old 02-08-2013 | 12:03 PM

none yet
We did but she only has liability and they won't cover it. We also tried FEMA but they came back with a letter stating they will give us a loan that we will have to pay back. I flipped them both the finger and went about doing what I could myself.
Old 02-08-2013 | 11:48 PM

2003 W211 E500
Remove that interior and check for mold spores growing!
Old 02-09-2013 | 09:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 E500 and Corvette
I had a Ford pick up flood to just below the dash in Katrina. 5 days after the storm I drained the oil, pulled the plugs, oiled the cylinders and turned the enigne over by hand until it turned smooth and with plugs out turned it over with starter. Took two tanks of fuel to get all the water out of the tank. Truck is still going today, no mold. HOWEVER,, when I recovered the truck I left the windows down with a fan blowing inside everytime the car was parked AND ran the AC max cold to remove moisture when driving. The truck since then has gone to Germany and back and now lives as my grandkids truck with them still driving it today. I drove it in DEC. What is important is to open it up air it out until totally dry. I realize you may not have done that and MOLD is a major issue. UP to the door, does this mean the bottom of the door frame jam or into the seat?