E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

sbc valve relay location???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 12:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w211 2003 e500
sbc valve relay location???

Hey everyone im new here and got a w211 2004 e500. i read these forums a lot and have helped me with numerous problems. love this site! Ive got a strange sbc problem. brake message comes up and beeps. Ive got it checked by an indy and came up with fault code
c217a- check power supply of a7/3n valve relay. I cannot find this relay anywhere!!!! Nor can the indy mechanic. we unplugged every relay in the SAM front and rear while watching live data for valve relay in sbc control unit and nothing changed! he did not charge me for the fault scan so that is good. Can anyone please help me find this relay. If i cycle the key on and off like 10 times the brake message goes away i can go into gear and car drives normally. I looked at his scanner and it showed live data of valve relay was like 6.1 volts and when i cycle the key like 10 times then it sees battery voltage, and everything works great. Is this relay built into the module or is it somewhere else? any help i would greatly appreciate. thanks
Old 03-13-2013, 01:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
2007 SL55 AMG
There is a 10 year warranty on SBC. Contact your dealer.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:29 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,020 Likes on 948 Posts
1999 E300TD
[QUOTE=motorworx12;5576988]Hey everyone im new here and got a w211 2004 e500. i read these forums a lot and have helped me with numerous problems. love this site! Ive got a strange sbc problem. brake message comes up and beeps. Ive got it checked by an indy and came up with fault code
c217a- check power supply of a7/3n valve relay. I cannot find this relay anywhere!!!! Nor can the indy mechanic. we unplugged every relay in the SAM front and rear while watching live data for valve relay in sbc control unit and nothing changed! he did not charge me for the fault scan so that is good. Can anyone please help me find this relay. If i cycle the key on and off like 10 times the brake message goes away i can go into gear and car drives normally. I looked at his scanner and it showed live data of valve relay was like 6.1 volts and when i cycle the key like 10 times then it sees battery voltage, and everything works great. Is this relay built into the module or is it somewhere else? any help i would greatly appreciate. thanks[/QUOTE

Do yourself and everyone else a big favor----listen to the previous post.

Your indy can't find the component because he has not got the foggest idea how the system functions, nor does he have the equipment to diagnose the problem.

The fault his scannar is reading is intergrated into the SBC control unit, and all you have to do is follow the brake lines to fall over the unit, however lift the hood and look down to the left, you see a "thing" with brake lines attached---you just stumbeled over the control unit.

Do not let your friend take a wrench to the unit----go to the dealer, or you will get screwed!!