E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Dynamic seat troubleshooting....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 02:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 E550, 2017 E300
Dynamic seat troubleshooting....

I have seen a couple posts for troubleshooting dynamic seats. Most are manual methods.

If one has the STAR software is there a way to perform diagnostics on the dynamic seats?

My Dynamic seat lights and controls blink and make clicking sounds when I push them, but nothing happens. This sounds similar to

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...t-working.html

Just wondering if one has the STAR software if this would simplify the investigation? If so where would one navigate to in the SW to do this?

DaveW
Old 04-15-2013, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
2014 BMW M235i
PM Plutoe he is a DAS Xentry lover who could tell you where it would be. Or wait for him to respond.
Welcome to the forums by the way! Thanks for doing your research ahead of time before posting also it will get you very far here.

Last edited by AMGAffalterbach; 04-15-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:59 PM

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
W212 E63 AMG S Model
Originally Posted by DaveW_396
I have seen a couple posts for troubleshooting dynamic seats. Most are manual methods.

If one has the STAR software is there a way to perform diagnostics on the dynamic seats?

My Dynamic seat lights and controls blink and make clicking sounds when I push them, but nothing happens. This sounds similar to

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...t-working.html

Just wondering if one has the STAR software if this would simplify the investigation? If so where would one navigate to in the SW to do this?

DaveW
Is it both of your seats? Mine is doing the same thing... I can hear the pump come on but nothing is happening and then I believe it shuts off after a couple minutes.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 E550, 2017 E300
AMGAffalterbach - Thx. Will do.

efiftyfizzle - yes both seats behave the same. light will come on, solenoid / valve clicks, but nothing happens.

Via the STAR software I have a code stored stating that pressure cannot be built up possible leak. I am just wondering if the STAR software has a diag routine to help investigate these troubles (i.e. trying to fill each bladder one at a time on each seat to help detect where the leak is). I assume I have a major leak if it cannot even build pressure in the resiviour, but once I fix that I wondering what I can do to see if that was the only problem.

Regards,
DaveW
Old 04-15-2013, 06:09 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,047 Likes on 970 Posts
1999 E300TD
Originally Posted by DaveW_396
AMGAffalterbach - Thx. Will do.

efiftyfizzle - yes both seats behave the same. light will come on, solenoid / valve clicks, but nothing happens.

Via the STAR software I have a code stored stating that pressure cannot be built up possible leak. I am just wondering if the STAR software has a diag routine to help investigate these troubles (i.e. trying to fill each bladder one at a time on each seat to help detect where the leak is). I assume I have a major leak if it cannot even build pressure in the resiviour, but once I fix that I wondering what I can do to see if that was the only problem.

Regards,
DaveW
Remember that DAS Xentry is an electronic diagnostic tool. Once you do a quick test all the modules that are communicating report in with a check or a fault. Then you click on the faulted control unit and depending on the version of DAS Xentry there is a list of guided test to test the dynamic seat control unit and a test or sequece to test the pnumatic pump or any other faulted control module.

If you do not understand the function and operation of the dynamic seat system components you may have to spend the 18 bucks and subscribe for 24 hours and print what is required. There are about 75 pages of documents on the subject.

Additionally I would make sure that I have read the owners manual and go over the controls for the 433L and 434R dynamic seat option. Good Luck
Old 04-17-2013, 05:14 PM

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
W212 E63 AMG S Model
Something may have melted and is causing the pump to shut off... you probably need to take the housing apart in the left side of the trunk to get to it and check it out.