E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

E220 [w211] 2004 rear air vent panel.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E220 cdi
E220 [w211] 2004 rear air vent panel.

Hi guys, I wonder whether some-one can help. I found that the rear air deflectors in the rear air vent panel in my 2004 E220CDI, between the two front seats, have broken, probably because of people getting in and out of the back seats. I have looked at various suggestions on the net but nothing is the same as my E220. I have the Mercedes workshop manual also, but it is of no assistance. I have a car phone kit in the centre glove compartment and when I looked at the mercedes workshop manual it says " remove the inner box from the centre console" [or words to that effect]. This looks very simple until you realise that the phone kit is fixed into the top of the centre box and the centre box is fitted under the edges of the two transmission tunnel side panels. I looked at one site where a guy had some video's of removing interior panels but this just said "insert a plastic wedge down the side of the ashtray panel and pop it off and then remove some screws just under the air vent panel". I have a new panel to go in and I can't see how these description work. Can any-one give me a definite blow by blow account of how to get to the air vent clips to remove it ? I get the impression that I am going to have to remove all the centre glove box panels along with the gear shift panel and the transmission tunnel panel just to get at the fixing which supposedly holds on the air vent panel. If it is such a huge job I may be just as well leaving the broken air vent where it is !!
Any help would be very much appreciated, peter jones.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E220 cdi
Rear air vent.

Pluto, I don't wish to start an argument but I was hoping for some constructive assistance. I have the Mercedes workshop manual but you might have noticed that I have already said that the manual doesn't appear to cover the addition of a mobile phone kit fitted in the top of the stowage compartment. The document number you have quoted does not, and I repeat, does not cover the installation of the phone connection. If you had read my original post, and had also read the Mercedes document that you quoted, then you also have noticed that it is as I have explained, no information relating to removing the inside of the compartment with a carkit fitted. Why post if the information that is being posted is pointless ? It is very tiresome having posts like yours because it is as useful as sticking pins in my eyes.
Any useful information in relation to removing the stowage compartment between the front seats, to gain access to the fixings which remove the rear seats air vents would be appreciated.
Regards, peterjones2