E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Key Issue - Won't open from distance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 01:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350
Key Issue - Won't open from distance

I have a used 2007 E350 that I just purchased with about 80k miles. My key will only open the doors from a close distance so I know the infrared is working as pointed in other forums. I checked all fuses and they seem to be fine. Someone pointed out the AM antenna is what receives the signal from farther distance and that might be the problem. Then I read someone else's thread where the issue was the dome light which they replaced and bingo it fixed the problem. https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class...ng-inside.html

Can someone please help me narrow down where the issue might be for an 07 E350. Is it the AM antenna, dome light, or something else. Someone also pointed out doing a software upgrade. I have a two year warranty on the car so hopefully if it's something more involved my warranty will cover.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:02 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2012 E350
I know this might be stupid, but would the battery in your key fob be low? Try switching out the batteries? Also, you might want to look at the correct forum to see if they have issues with the same car.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350
Replacing batteries was the first thing I did. Sorry, I didn't realize I was in the wrong forum. Thanks