E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Best place to sell a Benz

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 09:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350
Best place to sell a Benz

Well....I'm considering selling my pride and joy. I usually keep my cars for several years, pamper and fuss over them incessantly, and wait for a newer model to get traded in where I work. It's one of the advantages to working at a bigger dealership. I get first shot at any good trade-ins before they get run through the shop for re-sale. My last three Mercedes have been found this way.

Anyway, this time I'm seriously considering getting out of the mechanic business and going back to college. I only lack a few semesters to finish my degree and I'm not getting any younger so this looks like as good a time as any. Thirty four years turning wrenches is plenty.

I would just put the Benz on our lot but with the lowering job, killer sound system, and damn near perfect condition, I was hoping that there is a better option for getting top dollar. I don't 'have' to sell her, but the cash would be helpful. The less I have to work, the more hours I can take at college. Like I said, I'm not getting any younger and I don't have that many years of work left even if I manage to graduate in 2 years. I just don't want to turn wrenches for those last few years. Auto repair is a young man's game and this old man is quickly wearing out.

I've never sold or purchased a car on Ebay so I have no experience with it. I have no experience with any of the other online sites like AutoTrader either, so if anyone has had some success with any of these sorts of online outfits please chime in.

I'm in no hurry to sell so I can try a few options but I'd like to narrow down the list to any that might find a clientele base more interested in a more specialized Benz than what is listed everywhere else.

Thanks in advance guys for any suggestions.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:08 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Aw man, your W211 looks gorgeous too. The W211 might be one of the most timeless Benzes of the last decade or two, it actually I feel is looking better as time goes on. I feel it looks better and more refreshing with every new fussy design that comes out of Stuttgart today.

I'd try Autotrader. EBay. Maybe Cars.com. Those are more specialized to "personalized" cars. Even throw an add in Craigslist if it's still free. I usually have always dealt with Autotrader when actually buying/selling (i.e not Leasing). How much would you be looking to get for it?
Old 07-25-2013, 11:18 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
Autotrader, ebay, craigslist.