E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Bluetooth Puck Problem "Help"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 E500 Pewtergrey/ 06 E55 AMG White
Bluetooth Puck Problem "Help"

Hello guys, been away for awhile and I decided to go the dealership and buy the puck for the e500, I don't have a factory installed phone, but I do have the 10 pin connector once I took the armrest apart. So I installed the connector and the light on the puck started blinking, I opened up my general tab on my iphone 5 and went to bluetooth and it located the puck, and than it ask for the pin code which I typed in. It verified and and said connected. Well nothing works, I called my home and hear nothing through the car speakers, their were three options on my iPhone

1- Mercedes speaker (something like that)
2- iphone
3- speaker

I am lost now and would like your help, here is a video I did to explain, Thanks guys

Old 07-25-2013, 09:47 PM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
If your car did not have either the telephone, telephone support module, or the Ipod integration kit installed originally, chances are that it needs the telephone option enabled in COMAND. This will enable the telephone button on the radio AND give you the telephone menu on the instrument cluster that allows you to get call info and scroll through your contact list.

The bad news is that this can only be done using DAS using a Star Diagnosis tool. The good news is that there is no SCN, Vedoc or other password protected coding. What this means is that ANYONE with a DAS tool should be able to enable it for you.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 E500 Pewtergrey/ 06 E55 AMG White
Hi their and thanks for you input and info. If I hear you correctly, you are saying that I can make and receive calls as well as have access to my contact info via onscreen navigator, but I need to get it somewhat coded as in DAS star tool RIGHT? so in other words, take it to the dealer or my local mercedes indy who can do it for me as well?

Will I be able to use it as factory somewhat, like a bluetooth while driving and talk to incoming calls via car speaker system? Thanks for your help

Originally Posted by apl175
If your car did not have either the telephone, telephone support module, or the Ipod integration kit installed originally, chances are that it needs the telephone option enabled in COMAND. This will enable the telephone button on the radio AND give you the telephone menu on the instrument cluster that allows you to get call info and scroll through your contact list.

The bad news is that this can only be done using DAS using a Star Diagnosis tool. The good news is that there is no SCN, Vedoc or other password protected coding. What this means is that ANYONE with a DAS tool should be able to enable it for you.