E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Brake warning light on and wont shift out of Park

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 04:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320
Unhappy Brake warning light on and wont shift out of Park

Hi, I have a 2003 E320 4 doors sedan, I have a brake warning light on tell me visit work shop but I can not get it out of Park, engine start fine. Help ???
My brake are good , 1 year ago Dealer replace SBC brake System and brake light SW, about 6000 miles, reason for replace SBC brake system at that time I had brake warning came on same thing but I still can drive it to Dealer but now I can NOT get it out of Park in order to drive it to Dealer, I took brake light SW out and check for continuity and put it back at pedal sw and check it again with multi meter to make sure it work, the sw good with multi meter but I can NOT get it out of Park , the car is stuck in side the garage...
Thanks for any advices.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
03 E500 and Corvette
Read the owners manual for how to release the shift. There under the cup holder a small button that will release the lever but you will have to see the pic to find it and use a smaller than #2 pencil rod to press and release the shifter. IT can be done. IF you do this be sure to check and make sure you have brakes before you attempt to drive.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320
Thanks Vettdvr, I finally did and the cause was SBC brake system bad and it locking it so u can not drive it, the pump only 14 months old ,it out of warranty and it cost me $1575.00 to have it replace at Stealer ship
Old 10-09-2013, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
03 E500 and Corvette
Originally Posted by davidvandang
Thanks Vettdvr, I finally did and the cause was SBC brake system bad and it locking it so u can not drive it, the pump only 14 months old ,it out of warranty and it cost me $1575.00 to have it replace at Stealer ship
Sorry about your brake problem, but at least you know the problem.