E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

SBC Plug Connector

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E500
SBC Plug Connector

About to start on a front pad replacement on a 2004 E500 and attempting to disconnect the SBC. Got the "handle" lifted and the cable plug moves backwards, but there is some resistance on the bottom end. I can see on the front that the plug is coming out of the socket. The handle appears to be at its highest position, and when I press down on the lever it locks back into place. I have seen on several posts where the entire plug comes out of the socket, and on other posts where the plug pivots away. I have used a screwdriver for leverage on the bottom, but it still binds, and I don't want to force it too much and break the plug. Can any one confirm that the plug either comes out entirely or pivots on the bottom. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:09 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2005- E55, 2007 GL450, 94 B3000
The plug comes straight out. If you follow the wiring harness down. You will see that it has a zip tie to hold it in place. Cut the zip tie, and remove the connector.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E500
Thanks. I used a T-25 Torx socket and removed the entire bracket, and the plu popped right off. Kept the door unlocked and closed. Jacked car - no alarm - swapped out pads and sensors. Reinstalled bracket and connected plug. Opened the door and the SBC unit started. Pressed the brake pedal and it felt normal. Started the car and Brake Wear - Visit Workshop warning was gone. Once I figured out the SBC bracket issue, the job was easy, thanks to the detailed instructions found in this forum.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E350
Originally Posted by bronto60
Thanks. I used a T-25 Torx socket and removed the entire bracket, and the plu popped right off. Kept the door unlocked and closed. Jacked car - no alarm - swapped out pads and sensors. Reinstalled bracket and connected plug. Opened the door and the SBC unit started. Pressed the brake pedal and it felt normal. Started the car and Brake Wear - Visit Workshop warning was gone. Once I figured out the SBC bracket issue, the job was easy, thanks to the detailed instructions found in this forum.
Thanks for posting this, as I am currently experiencing the same issue of removing the SBC plug. (That's why I am here now!)