E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

SBC pump failure and warrenty expired a day ago :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 03:44 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
E320 2004 model Silver sedan
SBC pump failure and warrenty expired a day ago :(

i have a 2004 E320 and my brake light came on a week ago. At first i thought it might be the brake pads so i checked them all but it wasnt that. Since I only have 60k on my car, i didnt think it should be the SBC pump.
Since it wasnt my brake sensor i decided to take it to the dealer sometime in the week.
Just by coinsidence I checked my paperwork on 11/24 for my car to findout when my 10yr warrenty is expiring and on my paperwork the warenty date was expiring on the same day 11/24/13 which was sunday. i called mercedes right away but aparently they are closed on sunday.

I made an appointment right away on monday morning and took the car in for a diagnostic. the dealor told me they will charge me a $169 diagnostic fee and if its the SBC pump then they will get with the mercedes comapny to see if they will cover the warrenty as i was a day late.

This morning i got a call from the dealor saying that the code came out positive and it is the SBC pump however they cannot make any repairs until they get an approval from the mercedes company.

At this point i am just waiting for them to let me know that they will fix my car with no charge. it wasnt my fault that on sunday they are closed or else I would have taken it to them same day.

I HOPE THEY FIX IT. its very off that it failed a week before the warrenty expiration date.

anyone had any similar experience?
any advise from you guys?
Old 11-27-2013, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 E320
The SBC extended 10 yr warranty has just expired ? I assume then that the car was purchased in '03?
Old 11-28-2013, 02:02 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
E320 2004 model Silver sedan
yes its was purchased in nov 24, 03.

dealer said they will pickup 75% of the cost and ill have to pay 25%. so now i have to pay 550 out of pocket.
i just told them to go ahead and do it as it would probably cost me as much as this amount at a local store i guess.