Problem with phone in center armrest...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Problem with phone in center armrest...

Its an MB Verizon 710 always clipped into the armrest connector bracket ...

When making a call thru voice comand or the steering wheel or phone book, the call goes thru, starts to ring, I hear a beep in the armrest and the phone powers down. The car then tries to wake up the phone a bunch of times, then gives up & phone stays powered down.

If I remove the phone from the armrest bracket, it works perfectly for as long as I choose to call and talk, or if I take the phone out, turn the phone on manually & re-clip it into the armrest clip & try to call from the wheel or comand again, the same failed call & shutdown occurs.

Is there some kind of module in the car which is failing that controls the phone? (I've bought 2 new phone batteries over the last 3 weeks & charged them fully in the house overnight, so the phone's battery is good.)

Anybody got any suggestions?

Last edited by Barry45RPM; 12-09-2013 at 09:30 AM.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Problem Solved

Took car to MB Dealer, explained the problem was told "the car is old, the phone is old, try to get a BT puck on eBay, or forget it.

Called wireless4mb.com retailer of all this MB phone stuff, was told, "it seems like something in the car, not the phone. Do I want to try another cradle? (Which contains no circuitry, just a plastic bridge with contacts from the back of the cradle to the armrest prewire and contacts on the bottom for the phone) Then told to remove the cradle from the cradle connector in the console & reinstall it to re-seat it.

Back in business. Perfect. Cost? zero.

Last edited by Barry45RPM; 12-11-2013 at 11:08 AM.