Viseeo MB-4 Installation on W211 with no UHI/MHI

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 12:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500 (W211)
Question Viseeo MB-4 Installation on W211 with no UHI/MHI

Hello Guys,

Well, let me start by saying I should have did my research before buying the MB-4. Ok, I bought the MB-4 then realized I don't have the UHI/MHI connector to plug it in. My car is already bluetooth ready because I was already using the popular puck n play in the car. I plug it in by taking the inner armrest off and plug it in the connector that was already in there. My center console doesn't have the UHI/MHI connector.

The question is how can I use the Viseeo MB-4 with my car since my puck n play just stop working. I know I don't have to do the whole wiring since the car is already bluetooth ready. Is there anyway I can buy the UHI/MHI connector and plug it in the already wired socket so I can plug in the Viseeo MB-4?

Thanks for your help.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:16 PM

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts
W205, X253, C190, W213,
Originally Posted by kaybal
Hello Guys,

Well, let me start by saying I should have did my research before buying the MB-4. Ok, I bought the MB-4 then realized I don't have the UHI/MHI connector to plug it in. My car is already bluetooth ready because I was already using the popular puck n play in the car. I plug it in by taking the inner armrest off and plug it in the connector that was already in there. My center console doesn't have the UHI/MHI connector.

The question is how can I use the Viseeo MB-4 with my car since my puck n play just stop working. I know I don't have to do the whole wiring since the car is already bluetooth ready. Is there anyway I can buy the UHI/MHI connector and plug it in the already wired socket so I can plug in the Viseeo MB-4?

Thanks for your help.
It's been a while so I might be wrong, or might be confused by your question, but I'll give it a go.

You have the MHI (UHI is European) connector because that's what your puck was plugged into... the "connector that was already there". That is the "UHI/MHI connector."

"The ViseeO MB4 Bluetooth adapter for Mercedes Benz vehicles replaces the ViseeO MB2 and provides Bluetooth telephone integration for Mercedes vehicles with the UHI or MHI exchangeable cradle phone system. It also provides a USB charging port to charge a phone and has a display to make functions such as switching between paired phones simpler. "

I suspect you think that the ViseeO will stream music and you're looking for somewhere to plug that in, in addition to your phone puck. It doesn't. It replaces your phone puck.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:02 PM

2003 E500 (W211)
Originally Posted by irondad
It's been a while so I might be wrong, or might be confused by your question, but I'll give it a go.

You have the MHI (UHI is European) connector because that's what your puck was plugged into... the "connector that was already there". That is the "UHI/MHI connector."

"The ViseeO MB4 Bluetooth adapter for Mercedes Benz vehicles replaces the ViseeO MB2 and provides Bluetooth telephone integration for Mercedes vehicles with the UHI or MHI exchangeable cradle phone system. It also provides a USB charging port to charge a phone and has a display to make functions such as switching between paired phones simpler. "

I suspect you think that the ViseeO will stream music and you're looking for somewhere to plug that in, in addition to your phone puck. It doesn't. It replaces your phone puck.

Thanks for your reply. It was not about steaming music. I don't have the little metal/plastic (whatever it is) UHI connector. I was using the Motorola puck & play, the one you'll have to unscrew the 2 torx screw in the armrest and plug it into the connector. I have a feeling all i might need to buy is the UHI connector and plug it to where the old puck was and then plug the MB-4 into that UHI. See the pic i attached, that was what i was using in my car before. I didn't not do any extra wiring. It was prewired.
Attached Thumbnails Viseeo MB-4 Installation on W211 with no UHI/MHI-wp_20131231_002-1-.jpg   Viseeo MB-4 Installation on W211 with no UHI/MHI-wp_20131231_003-1-.jpg  
Old 12-31-2013, 07:07 PM

2003 E500 (W211)
Originally Posted by kaybal
Thanks for your reply. It was not about steaming music. I don't have the little metal/plastic (whatever it is) UHI connector. I was using the Motorola puck & play, the one you'll have to unscrew the 2 torx screw in the armrest and plug it into the connector. I have a feeling all i might need to buy is the UHI connector and plug it to where the old puck was and then plug the MB-4 into that UHI. See the pic i attached, that was what i was using in my car before. I didn't not do any extra wiring. It was prewired.

Basically, My question is if I can buy something like the picture below and just plug it in where my puck & play use to go and then plug the Viseeo MB-4 onto the one in the pic below.
Attached Thumbnails Viseeo MB-4 Installation on W211 with no UHI/MHI-uhi.jpg