DO NOT waive your rights!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2004, 09:43 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,446 Likes on 3,154 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by DavidNJ
If you give them low surveys they will try their best to get rid of you as a customer. Your next purchase attempt will be at MSRP or above. Service visits can be hard to get, loaners can be hard to get, and service times can be long. They can even refuse to sell you a car or service your car. As a customer you need to view the survey as part of your relationship with the dealer, not an evaluation of them.
Very interesting, my relationship because of TRUE documentation (extremely negative at first) on my surveys has improved without question. I can safely say that now we're on the best of terms ever – especially service. In fact, believe or not, I’m one of the many few who actually receive their vehicles back, after service, completely detailed. No swirl marks or short cuts. Also they exchanged my all season mats from the original hexagon style to the updated style with button fasteners resembling the carpeted mats free of charge just for the asking not to mention wiper blades over the 12,000 mile limit and numerous other freebies. For the record, vented strongly on my initial sales survey (dealer claimed I was not entitled to $3250 coupon – explained below) and my first service survey (majority of problems were simply passed off as unable to duplicate at this time). With the navigation fiasco (unable to retrofit navigation option) of ’03 MBUSA offered a $3250 coupon to all who had an interest but didn’t prepay to apply towards the purchase of a ’04 to be used by 12/04. As a returning customer the dealer offered the coupon with its limitations for a new vehicle below invoice or cash to be used whenever I’m ready. I opted for the cash since the ‘03 was purchased as a Valentine’s Day gift for my wife and we will hold it either for the ’06 upgrade(s) or ’09 redesign.

I, for one, will not be bought or threatened by peddlers – not for any reason. I’m there to put food on their table, not to be lied or taken advantage of. You treat me fairly, you earn my praise. Back in NYC if I learned anything in dealing with construction contractors it was one hand washes the other and both hands wash the face. Although I may be semi retired now, it still applies now in every situation and circumstance, endeavor and encounter, matter and concern!

To all who are purchasing new or used, it is not enough to complain. You need to complain loud and long. I’m not talking about raising your voice or camping out in front. I’m talking about the problem you’ve endured. Any reasonable company values its reputation. They don’t want word spreading that they don’t deliver what they promise. Don’t just complain. Be fair, be reasonable and spread the word. If enough people do that, the company will listen.
Old 07-03-2004, 10:00 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,446 Likes on 3,154 Posts
'71 Pinto
Many few? Strike that from the record, I meant few (of course). Thought it best to circumvent the inevitable.