E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

NEED HELP !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 E55
NEED HELP !

I have a 2005 W211 E55 AMG i went to the start the car today everything works fine besides the instrument cluster being.... gas indicator, engine temp, clock, speedo, and revs per minute. I am not sure exactly what it can be maybe a fuse or battery issue thought i would ask for some help on the forum maybe someone has had a similar issue before i take into Mercedes to get it checked out

I look forward to your replies

Thanks
Old 02-12-2014, 06:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 E320 W211
Good morning.
Most likely you have a fuse burned out.
I just replied yesterday to a thread about a center command control not working, radio, CD player, navigation system, all that goes to one fuse that's in the trunk. He replaced. Fuse and all worked again.
So I would def check all your fuses before taking it to MB.
You have 3 fuse box locations. Under the good drivers side.......on the left side of the dash when you open the door....... And in your trunk on the left side.

Good luck
Old 02-14-2014, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 E55
Originally Posted by Eayacht
Good morning.
Most likely you have a fuse burned out.
I just replied yesterday to a thread about a center command control not working, radio, CD player, navigation system, all that goes to one fuse that's in the trunk. He replaced. Fuse and all worked again.
So I would def check all your fuses before taking it to MB.
You have 3 fuse box locations. Under the good drivers side.......on the left side of the dash when you open the door....... And in your trunk on the left side.

Good luck
Hi,

I took it to a mechanic they checked everything and said its all in working order and told me i need a new cluster what i don't get is that everything else works besides my cluster steering wheel buttons and headlights dont stay on in the auto selection i have to manual put them on every time . Do you think it could be a battery issue not giving out enough voltage or power ?