E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

rear air spring 2003 w211 Estate

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 05:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E320 Estate Avante Garde
Cool rear air spring 2003 w211 Estate

This is weird and to date I have not found a mention of this in any other thread.
Some time ago (2009) we replaced the LHR air spring via a dealer warranty. Until last Friday there has been no problem but as we came out from the super market we noticed the RH rear down imitating the old barrio car. Car pumped up immediately and we proceeded home, about 7 km. On arrival we turned off the ignition and the rear did not descend as it had earlier. It remained up all night and did not drop 1 millimetre. Drove the car Saturday AM again about 7 km, and when ignition off car sat down again. Ten minutes later restarted the car drove home, and this time the rear remained level right through to Monday. Went out again Monday car dropped when used after 10km, drove up to another locale, stopped car and it remained level. Drove home and agan retained the correct height. Spoke to my Indy and he said bring it down this AM. Duly obliged and car sank on stopping. Drove home after inspection,( he thought it could be an internal valve? within the spring), car has stayed up all day.
Q1. does the MB air spring have a non return valve?
Q2. What could possibly cause said symptoms?
q3. Has any one had a similar intermittent fault of this nature?

Any advice would be appreciated greatly.

Last edited by adabuf; 03-04-2014 at 05:20 AM. Reason: I am dumb