Engine Oil Level Missing!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 09:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz E320 BRABUS 2008
Engine Oil Level Missing!!

Hi guys

I'm new to this forum and its my first post..need some help plz...

I have a 2008 e320 cdi-brabus tuned saloon, I was able to check engine oil level from the dashboard/intrument cluster up until the last service (dec'13) by accessing hidden/engineer's mode menus.

Since then i didn't check it until last night. I can access all menus and sub-menus, I can see all details on the oil level screen but the actual oil level reading has disappeared.

I went to the MB Dealer today and they said those menus are 'Engineer's Mode Menus' and are used by techs only to check oil level when they empty it for an oil change. But they also can't figure out as to what happened to those readings. They certainly can do full diagnostics but it's gonna cost me £80 for that plus have to leave my car there for a whole day.

Then i went to an independent MB garage who confirmed that the reading should be there but since its not coming up there must be a fault and its gonna cost £75 to do full diag + labour and parts as required.

I was wondering if anyone had a similar problem in the past or can I fix this prob myself..

I have attached 2 pics of IC, !st one with engine off - 1 click,
and second at 2 clicks.
2nd screen does not change even if the engine is on.

i appreciate any help/info on this issue, many thanks
Attached Thumbnails Engine Oil Level Missing!!-photo-1.jpg   Engine Oil Level Missing!!-photo-2.jpg  
Old 04-08-2014, 01:36 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,044 Likes on 967 Posts
1999 E300TD
Well you have received two professional recommendations that the world is round. I know you do not believe them, however you still keep asking if you can fix the problem yourself---the answer is yes---find a copy of DAS Xentry diagnostic software and you can make the change yourself!!
Old 04-08-2014, 04:09 PM

Mercedes Benz E320 BRABUS 2008
Originally Posted by Plutoe
Well you have received two professional recommendations that the world is round. I know you do not believe them, however you still keep asking if you can fix the problem yourself---the answer is yes---find a copy of DAS Xentry diagnostic software and you can make the change yourself!!

hi Plutoe thanks for the reply, the only reason I am not believing MB dealer is that first he had no clue where to look for oil level and kept insisting that only way to check oil level is through the dip stick but when I showed him the way, he was throwing guesses and ended saying oil level sensor may be faulty.
I was expecting a more assuring answer from a qualified MB tech. so thought to ask this question here and see if anyone else had the same prob. but will definitely try to get das xentry diag soft. thanks a ton!
Old 05-22-2017, 02:16 PM

Fix?

Originally Posted by ajay84
hi Plutoe thanks for the reply, the only reason I am not believing MB dealer is that first he had no clue where to look for oil level and kept insisting that only way to check oil level is through the dip stick but when I showed him the way, he was throwing guesses and ended saying oil level sensor may be faulty.
I was expecting a more assuring answer from a qualified MB tech. so thought to ask this question here and see if anyone else had the same prob. but will definitely try to get das xentry diag soft. thanks a ton!
Did you manage to get the oil level back? I have the same problem on my 04 e320cdi.
Old 10-22-2020, 09:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W211 E500
Anybody can help? Same here, no oil level in secret menu. Is there any way to enable it with DAS or Xentry?