E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

HID light driver side not working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E350
HID light driver side not working

A few months ago I had an issue with my driver side/left low beam HID headlight changing colors from a blueish-white light to a pure white color(they are 8000k bulbs). I tried installing a whole new bulb and ballast, and still had the same issue. Eventually, the driver side headlight stopped working altogether and I tried putting in a standard halogen bulb and it worked fine! Even after swapping out a whole new HID kit, for some reason my drivers side HID bulb will not turn on. I checked the fuses and they are all fine. I can't imagine what could be causing it from functioning with an HID bulb. Has anyone else had a similar issue with an aftermarket HID kit? And/or does anyone know how to get it to work properly?
Old 01-17-2015, 12:46 PM

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
2000 ML320, 2005 E320 CDI
I have been using a DDM Tuning kit since I bought my W211...I am on the same kit I initially bought. I had to replace a bulb as when they start to die, they change colors. Next purchase will be LED bulbs when they get a little further along with design.
Old 01-18-2015, 04:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E350
I was actually able to figure it out! I reversed the cable connecting the ballast to the headlight bulb input and now the driver's side bulb turns on just fine! The color is still off a bit, but at least I got the bulb to turn on now!

Originally Posted by boardboy330
I have been using a DDM Tuning kit since I bought my W211...I am on the same kit I initially bought. I had to replace a bulb as when they start to die, they change colors. Next purchase will be LED bulbs when they get a little further along with design.
I know that DDM Tuning currently sells H7 bulb LED's for fog lights, do you know if they are any good? I thought about using them to replace my HID fog lights and switching that kit over to my headlights, but I'm not sure how reliable the LED's are. Hopefully they don't run too hot or burn out quickly.