2003 w211 Do not start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w211 200 Kompressor
2003 w211 Do not start

Hi !
I am the owner of a 2003 w211 200 Kompressor, and lately I have had a hard time with my car. It started the day before christmas driving home from the workshop, having flushed my gearbox. After a quick stop at a restaurant the car simply would not start - which proved to be a faulty fuel - pump that now is replaced.

I also discovered that I had the "leaking cam magnet" issue - and ordered new parts after reading the great post https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...nsor-leak.html here at the forum.

While waiting for the parts to arrive the car where troublesome to start when cold - it would "rattle and shake" for a while like it was firing on just two or three cylinders, for a few seconds before working normally. After a couple of days of this behaviour each morning, it simply would not stop shaking and I decided to leave the car until my new parts arrived....

After replacing the Cam magnets with new isolation wires, the O2 sensor and cleaning the connectors on the wiring harness as described in the above mentioned thread I was excited to start the car......

Nothing .... - not even a sign of spark...

More cleaning and also replaced the Crankshaft Positioning sensor after more reading on the forum - still nothing ....

May I also mention that after cleaning etc as described above, there are no codes when connecting my scanner...

Fuel pump does start when ignition is on - so that problem is ruled out...

I am really running out of ideas - I would really appreciate some advice !!

Best regards,

Johan
Old 01-29-2015, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w211 200 Kompressor
8 bent valves

Well, 3.000 USD later I found that the problem was the timing chain that had "jumped" a tooth or three on one of the camshafts, leaving me with 8 bent valves, and lots of other parts damaged...
Feels like a moor-on paying MB for servicing the car all these years, when it seems like they have not done their job....

Well, probably my last Mercedes as this has happened once before .....
Old 01-31-2015, 08:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
03 E500 and Corvette
Originally Posted by jhenes
Well, 3.000 USD later I found that the problem was the timing chain that had "jumped" a tooth or three on one of the camshafts, leaving me with 8 bent valves, and lots of other parts damaged...
Feels like a moor-on paying MB for servicing the car all these years, when it seems like they have not done their job....

Well, probably my last Mercedes as this has happened once before .....

You have come to the same conclusion I did. Sorry you had to find out the $$$$ way.