E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

***Gas Fume Smell... Finally a Recall!***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Mercedes E350
Thumbs up ***Gas Fume Smell... Finally a Recall!***

I just brought my 07' E 350 to the dealership to have them replace the O Ring I paid for this past summer, and had them replace it because of the Gas Fume smell inside the cabin. I paid $300. I figured it was a faulty O Ring and have always questioned the fact that there should've been a recall. Guess what everybody? As of January 2015, Mercedes finally recalled all W211 gas tanks because of cracking and leaking gasoline!!! They are installing a new tank today at NO CHARGE!!! And they are refunding me the $300 I paid for the O Ring! If you have a W211 and have had the same Gasoline smell inside your car, call your local dealership or service center and let them know that this is finally recalled and can hopefully be fixed! If you already paid for a new tank before January 2015, then there should be a full refund from Mercedes! I should be getting my car back today and will let you all know if the new tank fixes the problem. I'm worried if the gas leak from the cracks in the original gas tank soaked into my rear seat foam, then I'm going to push for them to replace the foam also! Good luck to everybody!
Old 01-23-2015, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 E320
Yep, already been posted 3 days ago : https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...-re-tanks.html