E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Steering / Braking concern ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 12:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 e500
Thumbs up Steering / Braking concern ???

Hello MBWorld,

I have an '03 E500 and I have been experiencing some strange things with my brakes.

I had a new SBC control module and accumulator (whole assembly) replaced last year. But I occasionally feel some sort of brake pulsating while driving, especially if I am going around a slight turn.

i just took my car into an indy and pulled up codes.

They told me that the steering angle sensor was acting up/faulty.

So I am wondering if that sensor is tripping the SBC and/or ESP to apply pressure to the rotors while I'm on turns?

I feel a pulsing kind of sensation, like the pads are touching the rotors (as if to clear off late) and this even occurs when it is not raining outside.

Also, when I am slowing down to a stoplight, sometimes i hear a distinct "whoosh" and then a "clunk" at around 5 mph.

The indy shop and dealer have both told me that there are no issues with the SBC.....so could all of these problems be due to that steering angle sensor??

Any experience similar to this for you guys out there on the forums???

Thanks in advance.

- Brandon
Old 02-07-2015, 09:50 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,441 Likes on 3,153 Posts
'71 Pinto
Steering angle sensor is synched with SBC via ESP control module http://bayhas.com/mercedes/w211/cont...hassis_esp.htm consider replacement in addition, for precaution request they perform SBC air release routine: Control Units - Chassis – SBC Sensotronic brake Control – Customer Complaints (without fault codes).