E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Stupid KeylessGo Warning Chime

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 08:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CL550
Stupid KeylessGo Warning Chime

KeylessGo is a great feature, very convenient and I'm already spoiled. However, all the convenience is marred by the very loud and annoying chime that goes off every time you open a door. It's absolutely useless and overrides all other warning chimes (i.e. headlights left on). I don't need an alarm to tell me to not forget my keys, particularly when I haven't even gotten in the car yet! Besides, it's always in my pocket and the system won't let you lock the car if the key is still inside. I can't for the life of me figure out why this alarm is needed. I've sent MBUSA an e-mail telling them of my displeasure with this, and have asked how it can be deactivated. I'll post their solution if/when they write back.

I've also recently noticed something strange about the chime and am wondering if any of you have had this happen. Approach the car with the doors locked. Press on the door handle to unlock the car. Wait a split second before actually opening the door. Voila! The chime won't go off! I can't get it to work every time and it doesn't work if the car wasn't locked. Now if I could only get it to stop altogether, or at least figure out a way to make it much more quiet, I'd be really happy.
Old 01-16-2004, 09:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
i also agree that it is very annoying. i havent tried the trick yet, but ill check it out, thanks for that tip. the easiest way to turn off the chime is to open the door, and press one of the menu buttons on the steering wheel. this will turn off the chime. GL
Old 01-16-2004, 09:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cayenne GTS, Cayenne Turbo
Originally posted by bmms8
i also agree that it is very annoying. i havent tried the trick yet, but ill check it out, thanks for that tip. the easiest way to turn off the chime is to open the door, and press one of the menu buttons on the steering wheel. this will turn off the chime. GL

I didn't know that..pressing one of the menu bttons. I've always just said hell with it and put the key in the ignition while I'm vacuuming the car. It's quite annoying!
Old 01-16-2004, 09:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
Originally posted by Arnee
I didn't know that..pressing one of the menu bttons. I've always just said hell with it and put the key in the ignition while I'm vacuuming the car. It's quite annoying!
lol, yea, actually it posted posted by someone on this board a while bad, real good tip imo
Old 01-17-2004, 12:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cayenne GTS, Cayenne Turbo
Originally posted by bmms8
real good tip imo

Yep, thanks.
Old 01-17-2004, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Stupid KeylessGo Warning Chime

Originally posted by mallard
KeylessGo is a great feature, very convenient and I'm already spoiled. However, all the convenience is marred by the very loud and annoying chime that goes off every time you open a door. It's absolutely useless and overrides all other warning chimes (i.e. headlights left on). I don't need an alarm to tell me to not forget my keys, particularly when I haven't even gotten in the car yet! Besides, it's always in my pocket and the system won't let you lock the car if the key is still inside. I can't for the life of me figure out why this alarm is needed. I've sent MBUSA an e-mail telling them of my displeasure with this, and have asked how it can be deactivated. I'll post their solution if/when they write back.

I've also recently noticed something strange about the chime and am wondering if any of you have had this happen. Approach the car with the doors locked. Press on the door handle to unlock the car. Wait a split second before actually opening the door. Voila! The chime won't go off! I can't get it to work every time and it doesn't work if the car wasn't locked. Now if I could only get it to stop altogether, or at least figure out a way to make it much more quiet, I'd be really happy.

Please, please post if there is a way to disable it. it overrides the lights and other warnings.