E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

sensitive lights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2004 | 03:24 PM

sensitive lights

The dash, radio and especially the climate temperature lights dim too soon, at the first sign of darkness. Does anyone else have this issue? The light sensor is where the rain sensor is located. I thought it was on the hood but it’s not.
Old 01-17-2004 | 03:30 PM

E-220CDI, VW Multivan 2.5TDI
Thumbs down

I personally do not think it dimms too soon, but it dimms the climate temperature too much. When it first switched to night-mode during dawn and I looked at it I thought it was off.

I heard rumors that the dealer can adjust the dimmed brightness with his service computer but am not sure.
Old 01-17-2004 | 03:49 PM

The light sensor can only work correctly if the correct type of windshield (many types are possible) is programmed in the front interior light unit.
The dealer should be able to check this easily (and compare this to the windshield part No and VIN No at the parts store).

Has the light sensor been replaced? This usually wipes the programming of the front interior light unit.
Old 01-17-2004 | 04:16 PM

E-220CDI, VW Multivan 2.5TDI
Thumbs down

Nope... nothing replaced, nothing reprogrammed. Brand new E-220CDI, had it from the first day. It dimms as I said, just way too much (at least the climate temperature) - the rest is ok.

I already contacted MB about this, will wait for answer. It could be a acceptable solution NOT to dimm the temp. at all since I like it the way it is - for me not too bright at all. Or the best thing thay can do...

Control the dimm-level through the COMAND. Hey... in the end it's just software