E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Finally!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 09:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E350 4-Matic, Silver, Blk Leather, P2 package, Sport pkg, Drive Dynamic Seat
Informed!

JimPurdy,

You hit the nail on the head. There's no question in my mind that you have to be informed about the car and options you want because you can't rely on your salesperson or the guy responsible for ordering the car.

Case and point - my initial order was to include the appearance pkg, entertainment pkd, heating pkg and sunroof. The cost for this configuration was $64,570 (incl gas guzzler tax & destination). Thanks to this forum I read about the Premium pkg since MB had not yet posted this info on their website. So I go back to my dealer to change my order. We delete the entertainment, heating pkg and sunroof. Now we add the Premimum pkg which includes the entertainment, heating pkg, sunroof AND active ventiliated and drive dynamic seats AND the Navagation system for a total cost of $65,540 - a difference of ONLY $970 for these additional features. I had created a spredsheet showing the cost of different configuration packages and the sales manager wanted a copy as I overheard him say "This is how we should be ordering our stock cars".

The bottomn line is be informed, do you homework or you will shortchage yourself.

Boy...you guys really got me going on my soapbox
Old 01-27-2004, 09:08 PM

2010 E350 4-Matic, Silver, Blk Leather, P2 package, Sport pkg, Drive Dynamic Seat
Originally posted by HELL ONA HARLEY
Skipper....
Thanks for your efforts in finding out about the active headlights.... Sorry to hear you don't have them as I understand they are awesome..... Would you mind posting the build date of that fine automobile of yours for my notes???? As you may or may not know I re-ordered my e500 when I found out the car was not coming equipted with the active feature... This info will help me determine the date when in fact they started installing this feature for us in the U.S market..... Thanks for your time....
My build date was 12/2/03.
Old 01-27-2004, 09:12 PM

Re: Garage Door Opener

Originally posted by dgmcdermott
I too had problems programming a non-rolling code opener.

What I found worked was to click the remote open/shut/open/shut at 20 sec intervals until you get the three fast blinks from the car. Apparently, some garage remotes have an auto shutoff, and the shutoff time is too short for the MB to synch
Guess what...I tried a different remote and low and behold it worked like magic. In two minutes I was able to program my door and my wifes door. Go figure
Old 01-27-2004, 09:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Build date 2-04 E500
Originally posted by skipper
My build date was 12/2/03.
Thanks bro......Now get to work on that break-in....
Old 01-27-2004, 11:59 PM

Some MBs & Bimmers
Re: Re: Garage Door Opener

Originally posted by skipper
Guess what...I tried a different remote and low and behold it worked like magic. In two minutes I was able to program my door and my wifes door. Go figure
I ran into this too and after trying out a few remotes and batteries, I found that if the battery is weak, it does affect the learning process on the homelink within the car.

Hope this explains it...

BTW, your car looks gorgous....thanks for sharing the PICs