BMW full maintenance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 06:44 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,441 Likes on 3,153 Posts
'71 Pinto
BMW full maintenance

All models - 4 years/50,000 miles; oil changes, scheduled service inspections, windshield wiper blades, brakes (including rotors & pads), belts, lights, roadside assistance - $0.00
Old 01-13-2004, 06:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
your truly not doing anything for this forum. at all.....we all know you have had problems with your MB's, but there are others who just love it, and your truly spamming with your uninformitive posts...
Old 01-13-2004, 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'05 A4 1.8TQM6
Re: BMW full maintenance

Originally posted by konigstiger
All models - 4 years/50,000 miles; oil changes, scheduled service inspections, windshield wiper blades, brakes (including rotors & pads), belts, lights, roadside assistance - $0.00
FYI, blades (yes), oil changes (yes), lights (yes), roadside assistance (yes, for life of car). Brakes and belts no, so whats your point?

-G-

Last edited by GDawgC220; 01-13-2004 at 06:59 PM.
Old 01-13-2004, 07:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Re: Re: BMW full maintenance

Originally posted by GDawgC220
FYI, blades (yes), oil changes (yes), lights (yes), roadside assistance (yes, for life of car). Brakes and belts no, so whats your point?

-G-
hes had a bad experience with this MB, so he posts about other companies that give more than MB
Old 01-13-2004, 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 A4 1.8TQM6
Re: Re: Re: BMW full maintenance

If you aren't going to post anything constructive, don't post at all
Old 01-13-2004, 07:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

'71 Pinto
Originally posted by bmms8
your truly not doing anything for this forum. at all.....we all know you have had problems with your MB's, but there are others who just love it, and your truly spamming with your uninformitive posts...
Why, because I talk about dollars and cents as they pertain to adults and their hard earned cash rather then colors or aftermarket rims, lowering, etc.? How would you spark real world conversation as to getting your monmey's worth? They (BMW) enhanced their warranty, shouldn't we at least discuss why MB hasn't done the same? Read my posts, I'm sure dealers are improving https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=52549 - I know mine has because of my local effort(s); exposing recommended brake pads that perform badly in the rain https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=56068 ; recommended on behalf of our member the non usa features most wanted https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=53750 ; replace current all-weather floor mats with improver "safer" version https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=57225 ; etc., etc., etc. Oh, and by the way ALL my problems have (as documented on these threads) have been shared by fellow members. FYI: All mine have been satusfied and my dealership and I are on the best of terms. Wether I'm liked or feared, I'm nonetheless repected!
Old 01-13-2004, 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Re: Re: Re: Re: BMW full maintenance

If you aren't going to post anything constructive, don't post at all
thank you
Old 01-13-2004, 07:15 PM
Out Of Control!!

'71 Pinto
Re: Re: BMW full maintenance

-G-
ASK THAT MBUSA MATCH BRAKES & BELTS ... DUH!
Old 01-13-2004, 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Why, because I talk about dollars and cents as they pertain to adults and their hard earned cash rather then colors or aftermarket rims, lowering, etc.? How would you spark real world conversation as to getting your monmey's worth? They (BMW) enhanced their warranty, shouldn't we at least discuss why MB hasn't done the same? Read my posts, I'm sure dealers are improving https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=52549 - I know mine has because of my local effort(s); exposing recommended brake pads that perform badly in the rain https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=56068 ; recommended on behalf of our member the non usa features most wanted https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=53750 ; replace current all-weather floor mats with improver "safer" version https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=57225 ; etc., etc., etc. Oh, and by the way ALL my problems have (as documented on these threads) have been shared by fellow members. FYI: All mine have been satusfied and my dealership and I are on the best of terms. Wether I'm liked or feared, I'm nonetheless repected!
i see, im only 17, so im on the "restricted kid" list right.... im damn sure i know more about this car than you do, and just because im 17, that doesnt mean i dont work hard, and by the way, if youve ever read my posts before, im sure you know that this isnt even my car. i try to help others into buying MB, but when when you just post BMW's warranty, your just stating what it is, you didnt even post why MB doesnt match thier warranty, your post was worthless, if you wanted to start a conversation on warranty, atleast ask, or give us a clue...

btw, how old are you anyway?
Old 01-13-2004, 07:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

'71 Pinto

Originally posted by bmms8
hes had a bad experience with this MB, so he posts about other companies that give more than MB
Don't have the slightest intertest in other companies - other than Bentley that is. And yes, why can't MBUA match what others offer? Now don't go writing anything bad about me on the bathroom walls kids.
Old 01-13-2004, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 A4 1.8TQM6

ASK THAT MBUSA MATCH BRAKES & BELTS ... DUH!
If every company was the same with policies, what's the point in having different car companies then. Just have one standardized set of policies for warranty then

Businesses are in business for profit. I'm sure BMW has some things that they charge for that MB doesn't.

-G-
Old 01-13-2004, 07:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 A4 1.8TQM6
Re: Re: Re: Re: BMW full maintenance

And yes, why can't MBUA match what others offer?
Um...competition? To make profit? Being different than everyone else?
Old 01-13-2004, 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
truly konigstiger, im really starting to believe your younger than me. I understand this is an MB board, so i dont type like a kid, and i dont try to make fun of members because they are young or old...seriously, grow up please.
Old 01-13-2004, 07:26 PM
Out Of Control!!

'71 Pinto
[i]btw, how old are you anyway? [/B]
Old enough to know how to spark constructive conversation - pro, con, whatever. I have yet to jump all over someone for their opinion. How do you find out about all the angles, all the opinions, if members are restricted into only agreeing? The rallye point here is improving OUR warranty in the futiure. Now, if I offeneed anyone I sincerely apologize. Please lets get on with the thread - I'm not the enemy, just an advocate. Have you ever heard the term "playing the devil's advocate"? I almost had to call out the troops on this one.
Old 01-13-2004, 07:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Old enough to know how to spark constructive conversation - pro, con, whatever. I have yet to jump all over someone for their opinion. How do you find out about all the angles, all the opinions, if members are restricted into only agreeing? The rallye point here is improving OUR warranty in the futiure. Now, if I offeneed anyone I sincerely apologize. Please lets get on with the thread - I'm not the enemy, just an advocate. Have you ever heard the term "playing the devil's advocate"? I almost had to call out the troops on this one.

i too dont want to become an enemy, but when you want to start a thread, please give more info on what to post about, like "how can MB match this"
Old 01-13-2004, 07:30 PM
Out Of Control!!

'71 Pinto
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: BMW full maintenance

Um...competition? To make profit? Being different than everyone else?
Yes, Here we go. Capitalism. You're right. It would be a very borimg woprld if all were the same. In business it comes down to competition, the bars are repeatedly raised. All I meant to do isn to start a thread and story board on how We can help take MB to the next level. We are the customers past, present, and furture - no?
Old 01-13-2004, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 A4 1.8TQM6
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: BMW full maintenance

Yes, Here we go. Capitalism. You're right. It would be a very borimg woprld if all were the same. In business it comes down to competition, the bars are repeatedly raised. All I meant to do isn to start a thread and story board on how We can help take MB to the next level. We are the customers past, present, and furture - no?
Yes. Ok, a suggestion. Maybe instead of just putting a title out "BMW Full Maintainance", where it comes off as "BMW" has full maintainance for their warranty and MB has nothing, why not say what bmms8 had to offer, along the lines of "how can MB improve their warranty" or "look at BMW, maybe MB should do something like this" or something like that, you know what i'm saying?

-G-
Old 01-13-2004, 07:35 PM
Out Of Control!!

'71 Pinto
Hey thanks - that was a ride. A lot of misspelling (on my part) but is was important to quickly respond.
Old 01-13-2004, 07:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 A4 1.8TQM6
Hey thanks - that was a ride. A lot of misspelling (on my part) but is was important to quickly respond.
Alright, so we all on the same page now? No problem .

-G-
Old 01-13-2004, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500 SPORT
Thumbs up

Part of a forum in my opinion is not only to talk about all the neato stuff but IF there is a weak point and a critique is needed then let it be said.............HEY, this is AMERICA not IRAQ.

I know that my dealer thanks to some movment monitors this forum as well as at least one RSM in the Southeast. How do we ever change anything IF we leave the stuffed suits in MB MGT. which I refer to as Cube Rats to live in a vacuum.

Let it be said if we owners are not happy and want a change.

If MB MGT does not listen then once this round of owners is fed up with the weaknesses that never got corrected I for one will go back to my BMW days with hesitation.

Derek.
Old 01-13-2004, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Build date 2-04 E500
I find Konigstiger's posts to be for the most part very informative.... I consider myself still very much a newbie here and really haven't got to learn everyones "online" personalities as of yet. Although reading most of Konigstigers posts I feel alot of his information given is much "fuel for thought" and the nature of his posts are to get the blood flowing (very refreshing).... I may be way off base, but I kinda feel he is the "Ralph Nader" of this forum and I think every forum needs members like him..... Perhaps to some here they thought the original post may have seemed to be a pointless statement, but not I as I plainly saw who posted it... This is konigstigers (MO) to me and I expect it from him.... I'm sure you have heard the saying "the squeeky wheel gets the grease" well there you go... One thing I've learned in life is to keep these sqeeky wheels on your team... Nuff said.

Keep up the good work bro....
Old 01-14-2004, 06:53 AM

E500
Hi

Both MB and BMW has its unique way to attract clients to purchase its product. BMW has full maintainance provide to its all new vehicles, but MB doesn't cover wear items.

Think if Cadi provide all the free maintainance program as BMW, will you buy Cadi??

MB has life time roadside assistance, but not BMW....

MB has smooth acceleration, but not BMW. Both are fast, but BMW has really strong pickup feeling that I dislike....

MB are a slice better than BMW in my opinion and that is why you are here at this forum...... Not BMW's forum
Old 01-14-2004, 08:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 CLK320
Your right konigstiger. And while there at it they should match kia's 10 year warranty.
Old 01-14-2004, 11:59 AM
Out Of Control!!

'71 Pinto
Originally posted by gbahri
Your right konigstiger. And while there at it they should match kia's 10 year warranty.
Are you that concerned about your MB drivetrain? Because that's the only thing covered for 10 years/100,000 miles. And if this was said in jest, well then they took our looks why shouldn't we take their warranty ?

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=57188
Old 01-14-2004, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
I had an M3 and BMW was kind enough to give me a 100,000 mile engine warranty. Of course it was because the M3 engine has a propensity to explode so they are just covering their behinds. And if it wasn't for an individual on the M3 board that kept track, BMW would have tried to brush it under the rug, blaming driver negligence for the blown engines. One reason I left BMW.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BMW full maintenance