E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Aftermarket Android head unit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 CLS 500
No Radio Reception after replacing factory HU

I have a 2005 CLS 500 W219 and had the factory HU replaced for one of these updated Android BT enabled systems a little over a year ago. Since the swap, I have not had any radio reception. I have pulled the unit out several times and double and triple checked the connections behind the unit, and have never found anything to indicate a poor connection. It’s is as though the antenna cable is not even plugged in, but it is.

I have read on the forums that it is possibly due to the antenna amplifier not receiving power. I have checked all the fuses in the trunk and all are present and none are blown.

If it is true that all I need to do is supply a switched 12V to this amplifier, then I will do that, but I have been unable to determine which wire I need to supply this too.

Has anyone had this issue with their W219 and if so, I would greatly appreciate if someone could steer me in the right direction so I can finally have radio.

The original HU was the Harmon Kardon system with fibre feeds to the factory Sub/amp.

Thanks in advance.

Andrew