Ghost lowering links...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 02:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
2009 E550 2000 Honda civic mash n' go
Ghost lowering links...

I understand other chassis models on this forum have purchased a set of Ghost links, I done my research , however can't seem to find anyone with a 211 that has them installed on their vehicle. Anyone on the w211 forum have a set installed with pictures? I'm kinda curious as to how they only have links for the front sensors x2, and "instructions" on how to lower the rear linkage/sensor in a set when you purchase them. How come you can't do whatever it is on the rear linkage "instructions" to the fronts to make it lower? HMMM maybe manually setting ride height for the rear is their instruction once you get it aligned? I have no clue! So if anyone does please speak up as im very curious!

edit: Why buy lowering links if you can manually set/adjust ride height, align it and keep it moving? Is it the "adjustable" feature people go for or is there really a perq to having lowering links? I wan't to lower my 211 but am like huh???
Old 06-02-2015, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 E550
Originally Posted by cmriv
How come you can't do whatever it is on the rear linkage "instructions" to the fronts to make it lower?
You can, it's known as "the washer method". Google it.

You can only lower the car by about 1 inch that way, so some people buy links in order to go lower.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 MB E55 AMG
I have lowering links on my 06 E55 and I used the washer method before. The links in the front are to extend the factory sensor to make the car think it is sitting higher than it really is. You can fine tune each side because there is a sensor for each front airbag. The rear only uses 1 sensor for both rear struts so sometimes you get one that sits lower than the other. The front sensor links are very easy to install and adjust. The longer the link is, the lower the car will be. In the rear, it is the opposite. The shorter the link, the lower the car. The rear link is a little tough to get to but I did it on jack stands.
Old 06-06-2015, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I just installed the ghost lowering links on my car. The "directions" for the rear are the opposite of what you just said. I accidentally left them the directions, at work so on monday ill check again. I just shimmed the rear sensor bracket 1\4"... Lets just say im pretty pleased with the way its sitting. Now i just need to get the rommus callibration done and an alignment.
Old 06-08-2015, 01:46 PM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
W218
Originally Posted by cmriv
I just installed the ghost lowering links on my car. The "directions" for the rear are the opposite of what you just said. I accidentally left them the directions, at work so on monday ill check again. I just shimmed the rear sensor bracket 1\4"... Lets just say im pretty pleased with the way its sitting. Now i just need to get the rommus callibration done and an alignment.
What is that?
Old 06-08-2015, 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by a100steaksauce
What is that?
It's a height adjustment/callibration tool that goes hand in hand with sds. It's how you trully dial your ride height and alignment in, the rear especially.