E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

7-Speed Transmission

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 12:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 E550 Sport (gone bye-bye) 2009 E63 (the daily)
Unhappy 7-Speed Transmission

Hello Everyone, I'm not really new to the board but I just joined today. Ran into a problem last night and I figured that one/some/all of the experts here might want to offer some insight.
Long story short, I have a stock '08 E550 Sport and I was showing my girlfriend the difference of trying to do a burnout with the tc on and doing it with it off. VERY brief demos. Immediately afterwards, the car shut off. Dropped it in neutral, crank it, drove off. It was weird. Dropped my gf off at her house, backed out, and saw a huge puddle of fluid (later found to be trans fluid). I figured I better hurry up and get the car to my storage before all of it came out and I would really be up **** creek. Went back today, jacked it up, took off the paneling, and saw that the fluid had been pouring out from (a rubber plug) behind the engine oil pan. I ASSUME this is where the torque converter is. There is a black plate that also shares the engine oil drain plug. Anyway, how serious do you guys think this issue may be? Of course, it's Sunday so there is really no one I could ask in person today, but I need to get a leg-up on what direction I need to go in as this is my daily driver. I'm pretty handy and I have probably every tool (except a lift) at my little duckoff. Do you think it's something I can service myself? Is it a seal maybe or a line? Any real help is appreciated.
Old 07-07-2015, 09:13 AM
Super Moderator

Received 716 Likes on 697 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
moved to W211 forum...
Old 07-07-2015, 10:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
2009 E550 2000 Honda civic mash n' go
A puddle? What color is the fluid? Maybe a rear main seal.... And if it is that your trans needs to be pulled, however your care is fairly new to have a rear main seal leak.... some pictures???

It's possible to do a burnout with traction control on?!