E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Benz saved us/soda on the carpet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 11:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 E350
Benz saved us/soda on the carpet

I was heading down the road doing about 50mph and a car turned in front of me and I slammed on the brakes and the stopped on a dime! Probably would've been scrap metal if it didn't stop. Very impressed! Unfortunately root beer spilled on the carpet in the back. Any tips on the best way to clean it up?
Old 08-14-2015, 11:49 PM

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
2007 E350; 2018 GLE350
I'm glad you avoided the accident. MBs are made to save our bacon. As for the rootbeer ... I'd try mounding a generous scoop of Oil Dry atop it and letting it soak overnight. Vacuum out the Oil Dry tomorrow and see what's left of the rootbeer. If there's a stain, I'd try some kinda carpet cleaning stuff. Good luck.
Old 08-14-2015, 11:54 PM

2007 E350
Originally Posted by Heatwave
I'm glad you avoided the accident. MBs are made to save our bacon. As for the rootbeer ... I'd try mounding a generous scoop of Oil Dry atop it and letting it soak overnight. Vacuum out the Oil Dry tomorrow and see what's left of the rootbeer. If there's a stain, I'd try some kinda carpet cleaning stuff. Good luck.
Thanks for the tip, glad we avoided it too!
Old 08-16-2015, 05:48 PM

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
2000 ML320, 2005 E320 CDI
Go to the store (Walmart has it here) and get the small silver spray can of Bissell Professional carpet cleaner. They are about $7 a can. I bought a case to clean the ML we recently bought. Ignore the directions. Best way we found to use it is get a bucket with water and a brush. Put the brush in the water and then spray the area. Spray it REALLY well. Let it set for 5-10 minutes. Take the wet brush and scrub the crap out of it. After done, wet vac it out. It should get everything first time out. If not, follow these steps again.

Let me explain the ML I bought so you know why I am telling you this will work. I drove to a horse farm in VA to pick it up. There is red clay in mid and southern VA. This was a work truck...I'm not kidding. There was red mud on the roof, seats, carpet, mats, etc. It was EVERYWHERE. My Wife, Brother and I spent 6 hours cleaning the vehicle. Slow pace, enjoying the afternoon. At the end, it looked new. Smelled so much better. Not over powering at all. It has been about 2 months and the horse crap smell never returned. HIGHLY recommend this stuff for carpets. Also did the mats and they look new. I hit those with a pressure washer though and then wet vac them til dryish and let them dry for a week.
Old 08-16-2015, 06:27 PM

2007 E350
Originally Posted by boardboy330
Go to the store (Walmart has it here) and get the small silver spray can of Bissell Professional carpet cleaner. They are about $7 a can. I bought a case to clean the ML we recently bought. Ignore the directions. Best way we found to use it is get a bucket with water and a brush. Put the brush in the water and then spray the area. Spray it REALLY well. Let it set for 5-10 minutes. Take the wet brush and scrub the crap out of it. After done, wet vac it out. It should get everything first time out. If not, follow these steps again.

Let me explain the ML I bought so you know why I am telling you this will work. I drove to a horse farm in VA to pick it up. There is red clay in mid and southern VA. This was a work truck...I'm not kidding. There was red mud on the roof, seats, carpet, mats, etc. It was EVERYWHERE. My Wife, Brother and I spent 6 hours cleaning the vehicle. Slow pace, enjoying the afternoon. At the end, it looked new. Smelled so much better. Not over powering at all. It has been about 2 months and the horse crap smell never returned. HIGHLY recommend this stuff for carpets. Also did the mats and they look new. I hit those with a pressure washer though and then wet vac them til dryish and let them dry for a week.
Sweet I'll try it this out. Thanks for the tip!