E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

DVD Navigation Problem? Sucks... please help......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2004, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MBenz
DVD Navigation Problem? Sucks... please help......

2004 E500, just about 2 weeks old. No problem encountered before, until today:

Problem 1: (let me know how to solve it):
I used nav system to go to a friend's house. The system shows everything correctly. About 3 miles away, the map goes blank(gray), but the nav-voice tells the correct direction. What I mean is it only shows portion of certain area (say my home area) and the rest is blank(gray). I turn it off, turn it on again, and still the screen shows that certain part and rest of the area/region is gray.

I turned it off again, wait about 10mins or so, open the map and still the screen shows that certain part only and weren't able to show the rest of the area.

I have pressed zoom in zoom out didn't work. My thought is that the DVD-ROM drive is not able to read data correctly from the disc.?

I heard that there is a way to reset the system if it is frozen? How do I do that?

Please let me know, I'm getting frustrated. Is this what I got for $60k car?
Old 02-13-2004, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320
We can relate! In fact I was going to post a ? regarding the same thing. We have a great Nav System in our Camry which is the same one in the Lexus. It shows ALOT more streets than this one. We too see a grey screen when in our home area. We tried going to several locations & they aren't even found. We are very disappointed in it - apparently all nav systems are not created equal. We had been told that it was just the CD systems that you had to be leary of. Hopefully we all can get some answers.