E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

NEW MEMBER PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 e500 wagon 4 matic
NEW MEMBER PLEASE HELP

Hello, I must say this is one of if not the best Forum I have used, against my advice my wife bought a 04 Mercedes e500 4 matic this past summer that has 140k on it, she also paid IMO to much for it (10k) but she loved it and had to have it. Since we bought it I have changed the brakes to slotted vented rotors and ceramic pads all the way around (that was interesting learning about the security system) I then figured Id change the oil myself when I was quoted $150 by a local euro garage...that was slick, but now that I have fallen in love with the car my wife is threatening to trade it in, the front end is squeaking like a worn out mattress and she says the headlights suck!! so now I need to figure out this squeaky front end and do a HID conversion... I was wondering if anyone can help with the squeaky front end I thought it might be the ball joints but if you are sitting still and turn the wheel no noise and same thing if you bounce the front end by hand quiet as can be but going down the road it is horrible especially in comfort mode, it does not seem as bad in sport 1 or 2 ..the stiffer the setting the less noise. Any suggestions? My 2nd inquiry - has anyone used the 55w HID kit from retro solutions it seems like a good quality kit from an American company or distributor at least. They have a life time warranty, great customer support and seem like a good product from what I have researched. I was wondering if anyone has experience with this kit and installation advice specific to this particular brand. I just want to say again awesome site I can already see myself spending many evenings till the wee hours on here learning more about our MB. Any other advice specific to this car would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-18-2015, 03:12 PM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Received 211 Likes on 202 Posts
MB W204/W212, BMW E66, Porsche 958, VW MK6 TDI, Maserati Ghibli SQ4
Welcome to MBWorld!

1. Might be the front sway bushing. Those attribute to a lot of squeaks when driving on uneven surfaces and might take something as simple as greasing to eliminate.

2. We looked around to many HID manufacturers doing comparisons between the various kits. Factoring in reliability, construction, quality, components, and cost, we settled on Morimoto HID kits as best combination of all, which is why we decided to distribute for them. These are plug and play error free canbus kits and fairly famous across multiple brands. A simple DIY project. Although Morimoto has a 55W version, we decided to carry 35W as 35W kits burn cooler. This extends the life of the kit at only a very slight reduction in lumens. Let us know if we can help you here.
Old 11-20-2015, 08:14 PM
Super Moderator

Received 744 Likes on 725 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
moved to W211 forum...
Old 11-20-2015, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts
2011 E63, 2011 Hyundai Genesis 4.6 v8, 2013 GMC Denali XL, 1965 Ford Mustang, 2005 Merc. E500
squeak is maybe lower ball joint. Check it using a mechanics stethoscope and have someone turn wheel and bounce car. You should be able to find the source.
Old 11-22-2015, 01:20 AM
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
THE C350
+1 on the Morimoto stuff only aftermarket hid kits I would put in my car
and AZN has amazing customer service.

Make sure you use approved oil and a quality OEM/OES filter.