E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

What cleaner kit do you use for your interior E-Class???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2004, 06:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MBenz
What cleaner kit do you use for your interior E-Class???

Hi:

I'd like to keep my car's interior like factory look. Anyone here can suggest a good cleaner kit for interior? I noticed that cleaner like All-Armor, etc. makes the dashboard looks shiny/oily and I don't like that.

Please suggest.
Old 02-20-2004, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
the best thing for dirt and all that stuff would be to just use a micrfiber towel, and a lil water if you would like. same with the leather, just wipe it down with a SEPERATE towel with a little water if you would like. if you want to detail the exterior i suggest zaino. www.zainobros.com there is much more info at the detailing forum, or you can talk to alboston. GL
Old 02-20-2004, 06:57 PM
Almost a Member!

lexol is one of the best leather cleaners out there.
Old 02-20-2004, 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4
what you can do is wipe the dust off the dash, etc with a clean cloth then spray armor all on a cloth (not directly on the dash) but use very little (i'd spray it once or twice directly on the cloth) then wipe the dash down,,, from my experience, it won't look too shiny/oily but it will clean it up nicely.
I've found that if I don't overdue the amorall and wipe it evenly, it looks fine

good luck
Old 02-20-2004, 09:03 PM

MBenz
I noticed that many Eclass owner here wax the new car with zainos. Will it affect the paint layer/coat? From what I know for best appearance car should be waxed after 6mo-1yr.

New car already has a nice paint. Why need zaino? Will it enhance appearance if you zaino the car? Well, I know nothing about zaino products, but surely it looks good.
Old 02-21-2004, 09:15 AM

2013 GL550
I use the mini version of the California car duster for the dash and console area. I picks up the dust quite well. I keep it in the trunk. Buy a second one - I use that one to clean off the thin layer of brake dust on the wheels between washings. Don't worry - after a few uses on the wheels you'll know which one is which.

As for waxing, the waiting for paint to "cure" went away years ago. Waxing your new car will do no harm. Plus it's fun to see the water bead up when it rains! Have fun!!

Bruce
Old 02-21-2004, 11:00 AM

04' E500 w/Appear. PKG, Panorama Roof
Check out the detail forums. I use ZAINO and Leatherique. The microfiber is critical as well. I use a damp- as in just barely damp microfiber towel to wipe dust and surface dirt offthe black seats, but not too much water. Otherwise use Leatherique. Also, I use- Invisible Glass on the interior tinted windows. Car is really sharp.
Old 02-21-2004, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
Originally posted by lpolo
I noticed that many Eclass owner here wax the new car with zainos. Will it affect the paint layer/coat? From what I know for best appearance car should be waxed after 6mo-1yr.

New car already has a nice paint. Why need zaino? Will it enhance appearance if you zaino the car? Well, I know nothing about zaino products, but surely it looks good.
the paint is totally cured from the factory when you get it. also, there is a lot of dust from the shipping, and from the factory thats sticks to your paint, and it is vital you take it off. also, the dealer makes the paint worse with thier techniques, the best thing is to clay your car also, you will totally feel a HUGE differece. its like touching sand paper and then touching smooth glass..
Old 02-21-2004, 12:02 PM

I took a ten year old Lexus that admitedly had had only "carwash" washings- very few hand washes and maybe 1-2 wax jobs and did the entire ZAINO thing to it just to try it out before I did it to my new E500. The reuslts were stunning ! The buyer was totally impressed with how smooth the car felt and how deep the finish looked. He commented that I must have been a detail buff. All I could say was that it certainly looked nice. Even today- when I bring my car to the dealer they go "Wow" when I pull up- it stands out. Try it. IT also REDUCES your mainance because dirt truly clings less and dust seems to settle on it less.
Old 02-21-2004, 01:45 PM

MBenz
Mark:

Send me picture of your extreme bulb. I want to know what it looks like and the P/N or where to buy please if you can.... If cannot post, send to my e-mail bigbulus@yahoo.com

Any Benz accesories store in BayArea? I know LA has a lot.
Old 02-21-2004, 01:51 PM

06 C 350 2014 GLK350
My 04 E500 has the new Nano Technology Paint. Does anyone know if it shoud be treated differently than regular paint?
Old 02-21-2004, 02:22 PM

Don't have any pics right today- will work on this- I got mine from d2technik.com They have always done me right.
Old 02-22-2004, 05:29 PM

I just did the interior of my '91 300E with Zaino Leather in a Bottle. You put it on and let it dry. I also used it on the dash and it worked great. It's easier to apply than Leatherique or most other products but I suppose that if your leather is in bad shape you might need a more drastic approach.

I have never found anything to equal Zaino products. The exterior products are simple to apply and last longer than anything else I've tried. The finish has an unmatched deep, wet look.

The Mercedes I've owned so far ('84 and '91) both warned not to wax for the first six months. Things may have changed since then.

What you should do is wax your alloy wheels before brake dust gets imbedded. Waxed wheels are easy to clean and stay in good condition.
Old 02-22-2004, 05:38 PM

Ditto on the Zaino products. Zaino boys told me to do a aino job on delivery and it looks awesome.

One note- Use Zaino z-2 or Z-5 on the wheels, not wax. Wax will breakdown in the heat- Zaino will not.

A Trick I use- I installed a ceiling fan in my garage and leave it on high- I believe it keeps a lot of dust from settling on the hood and roof and trunk when parked. Also keeps my garage tolerable in the summer.
Old 02-23-2004, 09:29 AM

Originally posted by marksatex
Ditto on the Zaino products. Zaino boys told me to do a aino job on delivery and it looks awesome.

One note- Use Zaino z-2 or Z-5 on the wheels, not wax. Wax will breakdown in the heat- Zaino will not.

A Trick I use- I installed a ceiling fan in my garage and leave it on high- I believe it keeps a lot of dust from settling on the hood and roof and trunk when parked. Also keeps my garage tolerable in the summer.
Thanks for the tip on the ceiling fan. I live in Arizona and we have a lot of dust not to mention summer heat.

You're right about using Zaino on the wheels. That's what I do but I used wax before I discovered Zaino.
Old 02-23-2004, 04:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
11 ML350W2 / 17 GLC300
I agree that Armourall creates a poor appearance on the dash. I prefer Griot's Garage Vinyl & Rubber dressing. That seems to clean & protect the dash without leaving a greasy finish. Leatherique products seem as good or better than any I have tried for seats.