E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Homelink problem..Need help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 07:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slk
Thumbs up slk homelink & rolling code

I had a problem getting my new home link system to recognise my rolling code remote. It appeared to accept the romote but not as a rolling code.
phoned some guy in germany and he said that my remote was probably not compatible. he also gave me this work around that worked for me.
Press all three buttons on the car at once and hold down untill the light goes off. This makes the homelink system emulate a rolling code device. Do not try to teach the homelink your remote control go straight to training your opener the buttons on the car by pressing the orange button on the opener and then one of the buttons inthe car. it worked on my liftmaster system
Old 09-21-2008, 10:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E350
I finally was forced to train the homelink b/c the remote was out of battery. I gave up two months ago after spending at least 15 minutes. Follow GearHead's instructions and the KEY here is to make sure that your MB homelink can intercept the signal from the garage remote. I hdd the sunroof opened. After resetting 1 & 3 button, I pointed the garage remote on the outside windshield where the homelink unit is attached and press both the homelink and the garage remote. Immediately the homelink button flashed quickly. Followed the rest of the steps and it worked like a charm.