E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

What is "Service C"?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 07:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320, Lexus RX 300, Nissan Xterra
What is "Service C"?

I just got the message that "Service C" is due in 22 days. I can not locate anywhere what this means. Can the technically aware folks in the forum please tell me what this is?

Thanks.

Kassav
Old 02-24-2004, 08:48 AM

I'm pretty sure that this means your computer is projecting 3 units (hours) of service are required, based on various sensor readings. I have read that the services run from A-H, depending on the complexity (labor hours) of the suggested service.

Further note: I have actually seen my 2004 E55 go from a projection of C to B. I guess it decided things weren't so bad after all.

P.S. On my car, I can access some service menus to figure out the exact items that contribute to the suggested service level. The manual describes all this.

Last edited by DapMan; 02-24-2004 at 08:50 AM.
Old 02-24-2004, 09:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
11 ML350W2 / 17 GLC300
Yes, the car's computer has a database that has a time estimate for different services. For instance, if the computer has calculated that your brake pads need checking, it will indicate that to the technician and increase the time estimate by showing a different letter code to you. The higher the letter, the more time the computer estimates will be needed for the cumulative service.
Old 02-24-2004, 03:58 PM

Originally posted by patrick
With the E-class ("FSS-plus"), the letters A, B, C, etc...only indicate how much time it will approx. take for service, not what has to be done. This is the "service-code" and is meant for the driver to call the service advisor (/receptionist or whatever you call it in the US,....), so he can schedule the needed amount of time for service.

To know what has to be done, the "workshop-code" is needed and this consists of numbers or letters or both, such as "33", "8QMD", "5QTK", and so on.

So do not compare the E-class's "A's", "B's" and so on with other types with ordinary FSS.