E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Where is B24/15 rotary speed and lateral acceleration sensor located?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2023, 11:39 AM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
06 MB E350 4Matic Sedan, 08 MB S550 4Matic Sedan
Originally Posted by konigstiger
08? Best if I pull VIN.
I am still waiting for the VIN from the tranny seller. I should get it emailed within 2-3 hours today.
Yes, it is for my 2008.
Old 01-27-2023, 04:49 PM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
06 MB E350 4Matic Sedan, 08 MB S550 4Matic Sedan
I apologize for the delay. But some people are irresponsible, to say the least.
Here is the V.I.N. -> WDDNF84X78A177506

Thank you,
Pitek
Old 04-01-2024, 03:07 AM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
CL500, W211 e320 mega-spec
Just wanted to add to this thread as I had the issue described and managed to resolve it. The answer is at post number 12 on this thread but perhaps not well written enough for people to pay attention!

I did not replace anything. I had a problem with my ESP module and had to replace it (I bent a pin on it). The ABS light came on shortly AFTER replacing the ESP module with a good used unit from eBay.

The reason the light came on is that the replacement ESP module was not calibrated to the sensors on the car and that causes the ESP module to enter the misleading error state where it reports a defective YAW sensor. There's nothing wrong with the sensor as many others have found, replacing it makes no difference.

To calibrate the ESP module you have to do the drive test sequence.

1. Set the steering angle to 0-degrees as per diagnostics screen instructions.
2. Disconnect the diagnostics system and turn the car off, take the key out and wait 10 seconds or more.
3. Start engine, don't touch the steering wheel after setting it to zero-degrees in step 1.
4. Press the ESP button on the dashboard to turn off ESP
5. Drive forward at around 6mph and swerve left to right a little as you're going... not more than 360 degrees turns... really only requires a little swaying and not a big movement.
6. Turn right 90-degrees and then back left again.
7. If this has worked then the ABS light will have turned off by itself.

All these instructions should be showing on your diagnostics computer anyway but sometimes people don't properly read what is on the screen and start replacing parts without looking at all the available information.