E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

In search of scanner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 03:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E509 4matic
In search of scanner

I'm looking to purchase a OBDII scanner. Anyone have any info or know of any deals? Looking to decode check engine light SRS light and run diagnosis. Not just for MB but for jeep aswell as the wife has a jeep. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-28-2016, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 687 Likes on 499 Posts
2013 ML350 Bluetec
If you have a smart phone, the Torque Pro app is cheap and useful. Just needs a bluetooth ELM27 adapter that plugs into the OBDII port on your newer-than-1996 car. The adapter can be found on Amazon for about $25.
Old 10-28-2016, 08:34 PM

2005 E509 4matic
But will that also decode SRS warning light and reset services?
Old 10-28-2016, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,744 Likes on 1,391 Posts
1922 Ford Model T / no OBD
Torque Pro will let you read some sensors and reset emission codes, but will not to much farther. I've got Bluetooth adapter for $12 BTW
I just got today Polish MaxiEcu, that should give me much more options for less than $200.
Downloading software as we speak.
Will update tomorrow.
Old 10-28-2016, 10:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,502 Likes on 1,173 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
Try the X431 Launch Easy Diag Plus. I think the price keeps creeping up, now up to $59 on eBay, I got mine almost a year ago on aliexpress and it was $30 at the time, even aliexpress is $54. Make sure you get the plus version which will let you download software for 2 vehicle manufacturers, otherwise I think you have pay $39 each. It works on both my cars and scans all the subsystems. If there's an error code, it lets you clear the error code for each subsystem. I didn't even know the temperature sensor was bad in one of my cars, but the scanner found the code and it's still active.
Old 10-30-2016, 08:22 PM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
06 MB E350 4Matic Sedan, 08 MB S550 4Matic Sedan
Originally Posted by kajtek1
I just got today Polish MaxiEcu, that should give me much more options for less than $200.
Downloading software as we speak.
Will update tomorrow.
Yes, please share with all of us the good news.
I'd like to know where exactly to buy that Polish MaxiEcu scanner and how good it really is.
I am fluent in other languages. Polish is one of them.

Czekam z niecierpliwością i serdecznie pozdrawiam Panie Krzysztofie.

Pitek
Old 10-30-2016, 08:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Powoli, powoli
I tried to download MaxiEcu and got some stone walls.
When program is not updated for Windows 10, I had shop laptop that I bought just for such purpose and legal copy of Windows XP pro.
Still got download errors regardless trying attached CD, internet download, laptop formating and such.
Programs have option with very good English, so I am confronting manuals in both languages. Send the email for support, but have to wait till Monday for reply.
It is not first time I am frustrated with software programmers.
Seem most of those guys will send you a program, that I would compare to a part with 6mm hole and it is YOUR problem how to fit 8MM attached bolt in it.
Will update once I have it solved.
Old 10-30-2016, 10:10 PM

2005 E509 4matic
I'm actually looking into Icarsoft MBII i980. Looks promising. But still have to do a little more research on it. Or if anyone has one or used one please feel free to leave feedback about it.

eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/252456965428
Old 10-30-2016, 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Nickbenz83
I'm actually looking into Icarsoft MBII i980. Looks promising. But still have to do a little more research on it. Or if anyone has one or used one please feel free to leave feedback about it.

eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/252456965428
Promissing? REALLY?
Did you click on seller feedback?

In pictures does not comply, does not support Chinese, does not support Mercedes
Universal Scan Tool iCarsoft i810 AUTO OBD-2 / EOBD Engine Code Fault Scanner (#252052361054) US $99.99

Negative feedback rating not exacly what was described.dont buy !wont work on hd systems very disappoint
iCARSOFT HEAVY DUTY HD I DIAGNOSTIC TOOL SCAN FOR CATERPILLAR KENWORTH NAVISTAR (#252299079567) US $299.99
Old 10-31-2016, 06:11 AM

2005 E509 4matic
Yes I have but I also did some research online about the product. That's what I mean about seems promissing.
Old 10-31-2016, 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

From all MB forums I know, only 1 has scanner section, so follow my MaxiEcu experience at
http://mbmedic.com/forum/threads/maxiecu.167/#post-676
Old 11-23-2016, 10:58 PM

MB scanner from Poland

Originally Posted by kajtek1
Powoli, powoli
I tried to download MaxiEcu and got some stone walls.
When program is not updated for Windows 10, I had shop laptop that I bought just for such purpose and legal copy of Windows XP pro.
Still got download errors regardless trying attached CD, internet download, laptop formating and such.
Programs have option with very good English, so I am confronting manuals in both languages. Send the email for support, but have to wait till Monday for reply.
It is not first time I am frustrated with software programmers.
Seem most of those guys will send you a program, that I would compare to a part with 6mm hole and it is YOUR problem how to fit 8MM attached bolt in it.
Will update once I have it solved.
Hi there,

I found the MAXIECU’s portal in Poland.
I paid for the MB software and the USB interface through their site.
One week later, the scanner was still not shipped to me.

To make a long story short I wrote them four emails. All correspondence was in the English and in the Polish languages. No response.

I called them five times. No response. They brushed me completely off!

I became sick and tired with the way they were treating me and conducting their business. I contacted the PayPal’s Customer Service for help. They stepped in immediately and took the ownership of this matter.
Today, I was reimbursed right to the penny.

Also today, I called the AutoMotoHit supplier in Poland. They assisted me from the very beginning to the last moment I hit the “Pay” button. The scanner is already on its way to me. I had a very positive buying experience there.

So, where you buy it is completely your choice. I just wanted to share my experiences at two different suppliers in Poland.

Oh, special thanks to kajtek1 who helped me with directing me to the AutoMotoHit site.

Thanks,
Pitek
Old 12-09-2016, 07:28 PM

It arrived

Originally Posted by Pitek
Hi there,

I found the MAXIECU’s portal in Poland.
I paid for the MB software and the USB interface through their site.
One week later, the scanner was still not shipped to me.

To make a long story short I wrote them four emails. All correspondence was in the English and in the Polish languages. No response.

I called them five times. No response. They brushed me completely off!

I became sick and tired with the way they were treating me and conducting their business. I contacted the PayPal’s Customer Service for help. They stepped in immediately and took the ownership of this matter.
Today, I was reimbursed right to the penny.

Also today, I called the AutoMotoHit supplier in Poland. They assisted me from the very beginning to the last moment I hit the “Pay” button. The scanner is already on its way to me. I had a very positive buying experience there.

So, where you buy it is completely your choice. I just wanted to share my experiences at two different suppliers in Poland.

Oh, special thanks to kajtek1 who helped me with directing me to the AutoMotoHit site.

Thanks,
Pitek
The scanner has finally arrived.
I am excited!

There is still a few things I have to go through like installing the software, drivers and generating the Key.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks,
Pitek
Attached Thumbnails In search of scanner-maxiecu.jpg  
Old 12-09-2016, 08:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 687 Likes on 499 Posts
2013 ML350 Bluetec

Looking forward to your review both in terms of functionality (can it turn off the brakes? Can it bleed the brakes? Can it talk to other parts of the car in both directions (read and write?) and in ease of use (does it really speak english?).
Old 12-10-2016, 11:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by rapidoxidation

Looking forward to your review both in terms of functionality (can it turn off the brakes? Can it bleed the brakes? Can it talk to other parts of the car in both directions (read and write?) and in ease of use (does it really speak english?).
Those questions are already answered in the link I provided above.
MaxiEcu will operate SBC on several functions and will erase push count, but will not give you the count.
I contact Mari Wozniak, who is MaxiEcu developer and got impression that he is "overworked by his own success"
IMHO the product is ingenious, but having small group of people working on updates, everything is taking time.
Just bare in mind that MaxiEcu supports tens of brands and is focused on European versions. I did not find dynamic seats on it at all for example.
Old 12-13-2016, 12:51 AM

Installation

Originally Posted by Pitek
The scanner has finally arrived.
I am excited!

There is still a few things I have to go through like installing the software, drivers and generating the Key.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks,
Pitek
The software installation was a breeze. The hardware drivers, too.
The generated key should be emailed to me any time soon.

Thank you,
Pitek
Old 12-14-2016, 11:16 PM

Received 130 Likes on 105 Posts
20' RCF, 18' NX, 09' E350, 07' Solara, 05' STi, 01' Ranger
Get the C4 mux and SDS w/ developer mode and you can do so much more, right?

I picked up a C4 on eBay a couple weeks ago. It's already paid for itself with the stuff I've done to the car and before I sold our CLK. Completely worth it to me, as pricey as it is. If one plans on keeping a Merc for any period of time, this is something that in my opinion is a must unless you have a friend as a MB tech which will do/enable/run scans for you for free...etc.

-Nigel
The following users liked this post:
Heatwave (12-15-2016)