E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

How to access 2004 E320 right high beam?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320
How to access 2004 E320 right high beam?

I'm having a difficult time accessing the right high beam on my 2004 E320. Can someone please share how to access this? Having a hard time finding any posts on this.
Thank you
Old 11-12-2016, 01:33 AM
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
THE C350
Are you having problems finding it or getting to it?
Old 11-12-2016, 06:49 AM

E320
Originally Posted by samaritrey
Are you having problems finding it or getting to it?
I'm have problems getting to it.
Old 11-13-2016, 12:00 AM

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
2007 E350; 2018 GLE350
If you're having trouble getting to the right side bulb, just wait 'til you see what awaits you on the left side.

Not trying to be a smartass here ... but the bulbs are more difficult to get to than should be the case, and the left is particularly challenging. The owner's manual tells you where the bulbs are and shows how to replace them, but it uses a picture of a headlight unit that is not installed in a car.

Suggestion ... once you get to the headlight bulb sockets, check to see if the insulation on the wires into the sockets is intact, or if it has turned to dust. MB used some uncommonly sorry wire on our lights. You may want to invest in a jar of Liquid Wire ... might as well coat the bare wires while you're down in there.

Good luck, Mate. This will be a learning experience.
Old 11-13-2016, 05:34 AM

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2005 E320 CDI (SOLD); 2008 ML320 CDI 4MATIC
The bulb is removed from it's housing by turning it's pig-tail socket plug 1/4 turn to left & then carefully sliding it out. If you intend to inspect it visually, you'll need to remove the parking light from housing as well because wiring harness between those two lights is very short. Parking light is also 1/4 turn to left & then backed out carefully from housing. When reinstalling, be sure both lights are free from fingerprints or any other contamination as they burn HOT & can explode when oil, water, or other substance is left on the glass of either bulb.
Old 11-13-2016, 11:02 AM

E320
Originally Posted by Heatwave
If you're having trouble getting to the right side bulb, just wait 'til you see what awaits you on the left side.

Not trying to be a smartass here ... but the bulbs are more difficult to get to than should be the case, and the left is particularly challenging. The owner's manual tells you where the bulbs are and shows how to replace them, but it uses a picture of a headlight unit that is not installed in a car.

Suggestion ... once you get to the headlight bulb sockets, check to see if the insulation on the wires into the sockets is intact, or if it has turned to dust. MB used some uncommonly sorry wire on our lights. You may want to invest in a jar of Liquid Wire ... might as well coat the bare wires while you're down in there.

Good luck, Mate. This will be a learning experience.
The dash display says right but it is actually the left high beam. I've changed the right before , I just have no idea to access the left.
Old 11-13-2016, 11:12 AM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
2005 E320 CDI
Its simple to get to. Just make sure you have bandaid's around because you will cut the back of your hand getting to it.��
I'd like to talk to the engineer that designed it.

Peter
Old 11-13-2016, 03:59 PM

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
2006 E320 CDI
If you remove the radiator overflow tank (just move it out of the way), it should be out in the open and easier than the right side.
Mike T.
Old 01-27-2020, 04:21 PM

2008 E320 Bluetec Diesel
What is the trick to move the reservoir out of the way ? I see the “screw” type fastener holding it in, but it doesn’t seem to be a screw and it doesn’t want to pry out either. I’ve already chipped the little plastic bracket, trying to get under it to pry it up. Well that didn’t work very well.
I’ve got the old bulb out, and ready to put the new bulb in, but it doesn’t seem to want to go in all of the way. I can barely see it, let alone get my hand in there also. Changing a light bulb isn’t suppose to be this hard, is it ?