E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Evosport, the worst buying experience ever

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500
Evosport, the worst buying experience ever

Just wanted to let others know to be careful who you order from. These incompetent nitwits at Evosport have me wondering if they even have a legitimate business. My story.........

Back in early January 04 I call them about some Brembo Brake calipers and getting my ECU programmed. I was told someone would call me back in a hour or two. Well, 2 days later I call again and they say they are still looking into it. (this was for a simple price quote) Then, another couple days go by and I still dont hear from them, so I call back and say forget the Brembo's, how about some Xenon lights. Once again, they have to get back to me so I wait a few more days, and you guessed it, no call back. So I bought some Brembo's from their competitor in Southern California, EuroRev. After that I drove right to Powerchip in Santa Monica and got my ECU reprogrammed. After learning that phone calls were futile at Evosport, I decided to place a order on the web for some blackened front fender reflectors. (I couldnt find them anywhere else or I would have ordered them from another company) That was back in February around the 6th. I called March 24th and left a message on thier voice mail wondering where my order was and here it is the 25th at 4pm and still no call back. I decide once again to call them (hey, most people have plenty of time in their lives to repeatedly call someone to give their money away right?) and when I talked to a guy named Tom he told me they didnt get any messages but he would have to believe me that I did in fact leave them. (???) Now all the sudden he says the reflectors are in stock and ready to ship today. If I wouldnt have called today how much longer do you think it would have been before they were "in stock"?
My next purchase will be a Kleeman Supercharger and I dont care If I have to drive to Kleeman in Colorado to get it done, Im done dealing with Evosport.
Old 03-25-2004, 08:13 PM

Oh boy, here we go again.
Old 03-25-2004, 08:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A bucket on wheels
with them being sponsores of this website i wouldn't at all be surprised if this post is gone in a couple hours. sorry about that experience bro but it seems like it. people have experiences of driving by and not even seeing any signs or anything. Where is powerchips in santa monica? i live in santa monica and never seen it.
Old 03-25-2004, 08:33 PM

2003 E500
Originally posted by FIXEDupW209
with them being sponsores of this website i wouldn't at all be surprised if this post is gone in a couple hours. sorry about that experience bro but it seems like it. people have experiences of driving by and not even seeing any signs or anything. Where is powerchips in santa monica? i live in santa monica and never seen it.

Well, I welcome their reply. This is a discussion forum so Im more than happy to have a discussion. Being a sponsor or not, this website should follow other business models for letting the consumer state his opinion. When I see a bad review in car & driver I dont think the company stops advertising with them. When I see Maximum PC call a product junk, and the next page I see a full page ad for the same product, I respect that. censorship never accomplishes anything.

As far as Santa Monica goes , I have no idea where exactly. The address is 233 wilshire blvd, near the ocean. Its in a huge building that looks modern with a basement that you drive your car into. They are on the 4th floor.
Old 03-25-2004, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A bucket on wheels
^^ cool thanks man.
Old 03-25-2004, 09:13 PM

2003 E-500
Thanks for the straight skinny on EvoSport. Maybe they will see this and clean up their act.

By the way if anyone goes to Santa Monica to get the chip mod, you might enjoy going a few miles east on Wilshire to the Petersen Automotive Museum. Our MB Club had a really nice tour there last Sunday. They have changed many of the exhibits and it's very well done now. The LA County Museum of Art is just across the street and you can also catch that if you're into fine art.
Old 03-25-2004, 10:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C230K
ib50pages
Old 03-26-2004, 03:14 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally posted by nubomb
Oh boy, here we go again.
You mean other people have had bad experiences?

I guess they haven't really established themselves yet. They're located in Huntington Beach right? I'm actually going to be around that area on Saturday. Maybe I'll swing by and see them in person. Hopefully their customer service is better when you see them in person. I want to see what they can do for my W201.
Old 03-26-2004, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
I am very sorry for your bad experience. While this is NOT the norm, every business has some bad days and some issues that fall between the cracks. I am very apologetic for the lack of service that you have received. I will personally look into this with the salesman in question first thing today.

As for our company being real or established, I feel no need to defend this. Our countless press, professional racing presence, manufacturing, wholesale network to BMW and MBZ dealerships, etc. answer this sufficiently in my opinion.

Again, sorry for the experience and if you wish to give us another chance you would be dealing with Simon or myself only.

Thanks

Brad

PS - we are not open on Saturday's, M-F 8-6pm only.

PSS - we have NEVER deleted a thread related to evosport, EVER.
Old 03-26-2004, 12:04 PM
Banned

tsk! tsk! tsk! Shady, shady, shady!

I drove to the Evosport facility in HB a few weekends ago when they were closed and saw nothing but Ford Taurus cars (about 7 ir 8 of them) lined up in the back.

Then I checked out the front and discovered that the waiting area has 2 waiting chairs within a reception area no bigger than my guest room bathroom. On the left window it has the Evosport decal, but it was accompanied by a "SHO SHOP" business hours on the main door.

Another Saturday later after Brad said that they are working on a few SC cars, I decided to swing buy unannounced and check it out, especially after meeting in person one of the techs working there. Facilities were closed again, and now the SHO SHOP sign was scraped off the front door. Nonetheless, the Ford Taurus cars were still in the back.

All I wanted was to see the SC work and the 700-hp car (still years away from its completion as I am told) that is now rumored to be with missing Brembo brakes and a burnt headliner. It's been also rumored that the car is physically used as a storage shelf with parts all over it. I could not believe this rumor and I have to see it for myself, but wiht information coming from somebody that works there, I don't know what to say.
Old 03-26-2004, 12:27 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 ML500 w/Apperance pkg & '07 SL550 w/AMG pkg
I will agree that the shop from the front looks somewhat small, but the area in the back is large enough for about 5 to 6 cars. I even hear that they are in the process of relocating to a much larger facility that will have a little more exposure. I have personally met Simon, Brad, Ben and the rest of the gang and they are really nice people. Now, I have not done business with them yet, but I am sure that will not be too far in the future!

P.S. - I was not compensated in any way for this post!!!
Old 03-26-2004, 12:36 PM
MBWorld Founder

LOL - once again, I love fabrication!!!!

The ONLY two truths in this that there are:

1. There are some SHO cars here. As most know, Vadim owns a 10year old business that is the leader in manufacturing, development and distribution for aftermarket parts for the SHO. He has had developmental relationships with Ford and Ford SVT (even receiving free cars from them for development). This is NOTHING we are ashamed of, in fact, we are proud of his accomplishments with these cars and are using his skills and experience in our evosport products. His products for the C32 speak for themselves - PERIOD.

2. We have a small "WAITING" room (as you describe). We have a total of 5500 sq. ft. and you saw about 100! I have invited you before and invite you (along with ANY MBWorld member) again to come down to the facility anytime DURING BUSINESS HOURS to have a tour. We are always eager to host fellow enthusiasts and show them what is going on behind the closed doors. Anyone who would like to take me up on this, please feel free to e-mail me!

Again, the rest is 100% untrue, and nothing more needs to be said about that.

Thanks

Brad

PS - Something is a bit troublesome to me about this, and I hope it is not the case, however, through an IP match (multiple IP's matching), it seems that you are one of our competitors under an alias. This is really a tragedy that one would use the Internet and especially our board (from which you were banned for multiple violations) to push your own agenda.
Old 03-26-2004, 01:23 PM

Black C 240
OOOOOH....this is getting goooooood....espionage, false ID's, etc.....hand me the popcorn.
Old 03-26-2004, 01:27 PM

2003 E500
I could care less if the waiting room is small as a bathroom or not. I dont judge a company on the size of the building or the color of paint outside. But I do judge it on customer service, and thats what I felt the company lacks. Hopefully someone does go by and checks it out when they are open and can post a thorough review of the place.
Old 03-26-2004, 01:37 PM
Banned

Originally posted by otoupalik
LOL - once again, I love fabrication!!!!

The ONLY two truths in this that there are:

1. There are some SHO cars here. As most know, Vadim owns a 10year old business that is the leader in manufacturing, development and distribution for aftermarket parts for the SHO. He has had developmental relationships with Ford and Ford SVT (even receiving free cars from them for development). This is NOTHING we are ashamed of, in fact, we are proud of his accomplishments with these cars and are using his skills and experience in our evosport products. His products for the C32 speak for themselves - PERIOD.

2. We have a small "WAITING" room (as you describe). We have a total of 5500 sq. ft. and you saw about 100! I have invited you before and invite you (along with ANY MBWorld member) again to come down to the facility anytime DURING BUSINESS HOURS to have a tour. We are always eager to host fellow enthusiasts and show them what is going on behind the closed doors. Anyone who would like to take me up on this, please feel free to e-mail me!

Again, the rest is 100% untrue, and nothing more needs to be said about that.

Thanks

Brad

PS - Something is a bit troublesome to me about this, and I hope it is not the case, however, through an IP match (multiple IP's matching), it seems that you are one of our competitors under an alias. This is really a tragedy that one would use the Internet and especially our board (from which you were banned for multiple violations) to push your own agenda.

So if I show up there within the next hour with a digital camera to take pictures of the car rumored to have missing brakes, will you be up to it???

But just FYI, I am not a competitor with an alias.
Old 03-26-2004, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Founder

Originally posted by gbrandon
I could care less if the waiting room is small as a bathroom or not. I dont judge a company on the size of the building or the color of paint outside. But I do judge it on customer service, and thats what I felt the company lacks. Hopefully someone does go by and checks it out when they are open and can post a thorough review of the place.
You are absolutely right, and all we can do is to apologize and work to make sure this kind of thing does not happen in the future.

Thanks

Brad
Old 03-26-2004, 02:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32
i've had nothin but great experience when dealing with Tom@evosport and Ben@evosport.

I have met Brad several times while i was there as well, great guys!

Jerry
Old 03-26-2004, 05:38 PM

E55
i also have good experience dealing with tom and ben. however, they REALLY need to work on returning ppl's calls.
Old 03-26-2004, 06:29 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We strive to return all phone calls the same day that the message is received. Often when calls are returned the recipient is unavailable; and while our staff does leave messages when possible, these occassionally are not received.

If you or anyone is having difficulty reaching someone at evosport, or receiving a return call/email, please contact myself directly at 714.901.3100 x 11 or by email at ben@evosport.com, and I will personally look into the matter for you.

Regards,

Ben
Old 03-27-2004, 06:11 PM

Re: Evosport, the worst buying experience ever

drive to Kleeman in Colorado to get it done
IMO, This would be the best. Cut out the middleman.
Old 03-29-2004, 05:57 PM

2003 E500
Re: Re: Evosport, the worst buying experience ever

Originally posted by Hank
IMO, This would be the best. Cut out the middleman.

Im not sure how Kleeman does it, but most mfg's wont sell direct due to undercutting the dealer/distributors. And if they do sell direct, its often at a higher price than the distributer/dealer sells for as to not offend the distributor/dealer.
Old 03-31-2004, 12:12 PM

Re: Re: Re: Evosport, the worst buying experience ever

Im not sure how Kleeman does it, but most mfg's wont sell direct due to undercutting the dealer/distributors. And if they do sell direct, its often at a higher price than the distributer/dealer sells for as to not offend the distributor/dealer.
Hit up Topline in Burlingame. They do top notch Kleemann work.
Old 04-01-2004, 03:09 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Re: Re: Re: Evosport, the worst buying experience ever

KLEEMANN USA is bound by the same pricing structure as all of our dealers. You are guaranteed to get the same pricing on all KLEEMANN products, regardless of which dealer you choose, including our homebase in Colorado. It's your choice where you prefer to have your kompressor installed. KLEEMANN USA does not sell kompressor systems to the end user, UNLESS it is installed by KUSA. Hope this clarifies things for you!