A New E500 On The Block And Its Mine...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Build date 2-04 E500
A New E500 On The Block And Its Mine...

As most may know we picked up our new 04 e500 yesterday and its a dream come true... We put 122 miles on it already and the car drives absolutly wonderful... We ordered it with the premium and appearance pkgs... The car has white dials, no sport badging, and 245/45R Michelin (pilot primacy) tires. The car drives very straight (no pull to the right). I must have received the latest software update as the cd player will display the correct song and number when I turn off the car with cd still on. Most every funtion and controll in the car (so far) seems to very self explanitory and easy to use... I have yet to get my nav system to find my own house as I live in a very rural area and the salesman has confirmed I have the latest nav disc installed. I'm a little disapointed in the fact the system could not find my address, but I guess I know my own way home, so could over look this small flaw. The active headlights are absolutly awesome and very much worth the extra wait... If you have these lights you would have to be completly blind not to notice them tracking left to right as you turn... The active seats are a very nice feature and seems to be almost futuristic to me. So far the car is more than we expected and seems to be worth every penny....

Here is a picture taken today.......
Old 03-25-2004, 08:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Finally! Congrats! Beautiful Car!
Old 03-25-2004, 08:56 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
SOOOOOOOO NICE!!!!! Congrats and enjoy the new ride
Old 03-25-2004, 09:06 PM

2003 E-500
Wink

Very nice looking wheels, and hope you enjoy it for many years.

You can set the NAV to your current location when at home and then designate it as your HOME location. It will then get you there by merely selecting HOME from your Stored Locations. Look at the seperate manual on the COMAND system to see how to do this. It takes a while to learn how to use the NAV but once you get used to it, I think you'll like it. We like the cursor control better than the touch screen on Lexus and other vehicles but many people prefer the touch.

Let us know how you like the new seven speed transmission. I haven't seen many complaints about it so far which is great for a new transmission. Other systems on the new 2003 E's had flaws when first introduced and some board members were concerned about getting the new tranny until after it had been in service for a while.

Vary your speed the first thousand miles and don't use the cruise control. Break it in properly you'll and have a good engine over the long haul

ENJOY and congratulations!!
Old 03-25-2004, 09:22 PM

wow! super congrats... I know you have been waiting for this sucker for a while after sending back the first one.

enjoy it...!!!!!
Old 03-25-2004, 11:45 PM

2004 E500
Welcome! Sometime in the spring I'll have to cruise up to Sonoma (from Walnut Creek) and the guys can meet each other! Congrats, Rudegar
Old 03-26-2004, 12:11 AM

'06 SL65
Welcome to the club! The car looks beautiful. As time goes by, you'll enjoy it even more like I have. Congrats again!
Old 03-26-2004, 12:12 AM

Some MBs & Bimmers
Re: A New E500 On The Block And Its Mine...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by HELL ONA HARLEY
[B]As most may know we picked up our new 04 e500 yesterday and its a dream come true... We put 122 miles on it already and the car drives absolutly wonderful... We ordered it with the premium and appearance pkgs... The car has white dials, no sport badging, and 245/45R Michelin (pilot primacy) tires. The car drives very straight (no pull to the right). I must have received the latest software update as the cd player will display the correct song and number when I turn off the car with cd still on. Most every funtion and controll in the car (so far) seems to very self explanitory and easy to use... I have yet to get my nav system to find my own house as I live in a very rural area and the salesman has confirmed I have the latest nav disc installed. I'm a little disapointed in the fact the system could not find my address, but I guess I know my own way home, so could over look this small flaw. The active headlights are absolutly awesome and very much worth the extra wait... If you have these lights you would have to be completly blind not to notice them tracking left to right as you turn... The active seats are a very nice feature and seems to be almost futuristic to me. So far the car is more than we expected and seems to be worth every penny....
QUOTE]

Sometimes, the best things come to those who have patience.

I wanted instant gratification and short changed myself on some of the things I wanted in my E.

In any case, MANY CONGRATS and may you have years of enjoyment with your E
Old 03-26-2004, 03:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
E-class E300e Estate, Sprinter (stretched limo)

Originally posted by HELL ONA HARLEY
I must have received the latest software update as the cd player will display the correct song and number when I turn off the car with cd still on.
I am very, very pleased for you. The version number of the latest DVD navigation software is actually on top of the cardboard box that contains the DVD when you are not using it.

European versions were until VERY recently 2.3 and I believe are now version 3.0. The US version may well be different.

Good luck with your car, and thank you very much for the headlight update.

Regards,
John
Old 03-26-2004, 08:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4
congrats, that was the longest wait, but i see it was well worth it, gl w/the car!
Old 03-26-2004, 11:37 AM

05 C320 sport coupe
Congrats..Im a little jealous..Ive had my car for a month now, but I miss that "first few days" of joy
Old 03-26-2004, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Honda Accord EX V6
Congrats on the car
Old 03-26-2004, 05:28 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,445 Likes on 3,154 Posts
'71 Pinto
Che bella, congratulazioni!
Old 03-26-2004, 06:03 PM
Almost a Member!

E500 Black/Charcoal, Appearance and Premium Packages, Keyless Go and Remote Trunk Closer

[the salesman has confirmed I have the latest nav disc installed. ....

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE NEW FAMILY MEMBER!

I've always thought of my Mercedes' that way.

Could I ask you to check the NAV DVD and tell me what software version is printed in the Disc?

I have 01/2004 would like to know if there is a more current version.

Thank you!
Old 03-26-2004, 07:48 PM

04' E500 w/Appear. PKG, Panorama Roof
Congrats!
Old 03-27-2004, 11:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Build date 2-04 E500
Thankyou all for your wishes and replies.....I was able to take it out today and really get to know the car....It feels very good and handles even better. Only averaging 18.5 mpg, but hope it will improve as the engine gets broken in...

Originally posted by Double Eagle
Let us know how you like the new seven speed transmission. I haven't seen many complaints about it so far which is great for a new transmission. Other systems on the new 2003 E's had flaws when first introduced and some board members were concerned about getting the new tranny until after it had been in service for a while.
The 7G is quite unique.... Around town 0-40 mph, I have to wonder why have it... 40-85+ WATCH OUT.... This thing kicks down and MOVES... The trans is so smooth that I have a very hard time determining when it is actually shifting... Sometimes I can feel it shifting and most of the time I have to look at the tach to see the shifts....The weird thing about the tranny (well maybe not wierd, but different) is the fact that the trans will down shift the the lowest gear according to your speed on its own. Its hard to explain, but it's like down shifting manualy all the time... Its very nice when your going down the twisty roads as it keeps you from riding the brakes, but has a different feel around town from stop light to stop light. This is something I'm sure I'll get used too... Can't wait to get this thing broke in so I can romp on it to really see whats happening... All in all the car is wonderful and gets alot of attention...

Benzboy.... I too have the 2004.1 version of the nav disc.
Old 03-28-2004, 11:17 AM

2010 E350 4-Matic, Silver, Blk Leather, P2 package, Sport pkg, Drive Dynamic Seat
Congrtats...Looks like our cars are twins!
Old 03-28-2004, 02:20 PM

2007 E63, 2007 BMW 335i Coupe & 1991 Honda Accord
Congrats
Old 03-30-2004, 08:40 AM

04 E500 4MATIC WAGON

Originally posted by HELL ONA HARLEY
As most may know we picked up our new 04 e500 yesterday and its a dream come true... We put 122 miles on it already and the car drives absolutly wonderful... We ordered it with the premium and appearance pkgs... The car has white dials, no sport badging, and 245/45R Michelin (pilot primacy) tires. The car drives very straight (no pull to the right). I must have received the latest software update as the cd player will display the correct song and number when I turn off the car with cd still on. Most every funtion and controll in the car (so far) seems to very self explanitory and easy to use... I have yet to get my nav system to find my own house as I live in a very rural area and the salesman has confirmed I have the latest nav disc installed. I'm a little disapointed in the fact the system could not find my address, but I guess I know my own way home, so could over look this small flaw. The active headlights are absolutly awesome and very much worth the extra wait... If you have these lights you would have to be completly blind not to notice them tracking left to right as you turn... The active seats are a very nice feature and seems to be almost futuristic to me. So far the car is more than we expected and seems to be worth every penny....

Here is a picture taken today.......
Do your Active lights pre check in 4 directions, as in the video that was posted?
Old 03-30-2004, 08:48 AM

'08 SL550 Sport, '11 BMW 550ix M sport
Congrats Harley! Great things come to those who wait... enjoy your sweet new ride.

It may not be MB's fault on finding your address. Many times it's the mapping service they use to program the discs and how current their maps are.

Next years version may have it.
Old 03-30-2004, 10:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Build date 2-04 E500
Re: Re: A New E500 On The Block And Its Mine...

Originally posted by jbmaxx
Do your Active lights pre check in 4 directions, as in the video that was posted?
NO..... And my lights are working perfectly. The lights are easily seen tracking left to right when the car is in motion ( 3 mph and up) but have yet to notice the self check as seen in the video. When I first received the car I must have restarted the thing a dozen times with and without the headlights on to get it to do this self check with no results....I'm totaly confused about this self check, but not worried about it as my lights work great and were very much worth the wait.... Are your working O.K???

EX-BEEMER: I figure your right about the software... My brother inlaw owns a lexus and the nav system worked excellent in my neighborhood.... It Showed every street turn by turn... Mine shows absoluty nothing (blank screen) untill I get out on the hi-way that my neiborhood is off of.... Other than this small "glitch" I like it.....
Old 03-30-2004, 10:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 BMW 550i
In terms of adding streets and POI's, does anyone know how much they actually add per year? I go to a lot of rural areas that have very limited coverage, and barely any POI information. I've always wondered whether the NavUP is worth it, since the information around where I live is pretty accurate overall (although the POI infomation is usually not that good).
Old 03-30-2004, 10:21 AM

04 E500 4MATIC WAGON
For me it is difficult to tell, thats why the 4 way self check would have helped. When driving I do not notice any significant movement. Some posts say, it is very obvious. The dealer as of today reports that all cars with active lights that have come in since all this started only go up & down.
Old 03-30-2004, 10:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
E-class E300e Estate, Sprinter (stretched limo)
Originally posted by jbmaxx
For me it is difficult to tell, thats why the 4 way self check would have helped. When driving I do not notice any significant movement. Some posts say, it is very obvious. The dealer as of today reports that all cars with active lights that have come in since all this started only go up & down.
I am coming slowly to the opinion that we must not get to obssessed with the '4' way pre-check. There are a small number of members whose vehicle work perfectly correctly with only the short pre-check (hopefully Hell ona Harley is included in this statement)

I am of the opinion that the pre-check allegedly checks out the full range of movement of the onboard stabilisation program and '''randomly''' the active movements.

The short check hopefully is happy about the full range of movement???

Your dealer is perhaps talking about 'C' class headlights

Regards,
John
Old 03-30-2004, 10:57 AM

04 E500 4MATIC WAGON
The dealer was talking about all 2004 E class cars. I also am going to let go of the rope on this one but the bloodhound in me does not appreciate this attitude!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A New E500 On The Block And Its Mine...