Driver Seat Adjustments Quit Working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E320, Silver like a fox!
Driver Seat Adjustments Quit Working

Hey hey hey!!! Long time reader, first time poster, blah blah blah

I have a 2004 E320. The vehicle has about 130k miles and I have had it for about 4 years. The driver seat controls worked fine for the first year or so and then one day I went to make an adjustment and, nothing. When I move one of the seat adjustments there is no noise (no motor struggling to move the seat) and no movement. When I took my car in for service a few months ago I mentioned it to the mechanic and asked if he could pop a new fuse in there to see if that fixes the issue (why not try to $1 fix first!). And boom, the seat worked just fine. For about a day or two. Then I went to make another adjustment and nothing. Back to square one.

So. What could the problem be? The mechanic said something about voltage being wrong, but he sounded like he just didn't want to deal with it. Anyone have any ideas what the issue might be and how I might go about a repair? Also, does anyone know where the fuse for the driver's seat controls is located? I wouldn't mind just getting a grip of those fuses and changing it whenever need be instead of a costly repair (I have enough of those ahead)

Thanks Everyone!!!!
Old 01-19-2017, 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 257 Likes on 228 Posts
2018 GLC300 4Matic; 2008 ML550 4Matic; 2004 C320
Why do you see a mechanic who does not want to deal with your issue??????

Had a similar issue on my 03 E320, my driver seat would only move in some, but not all directions. For me it was the control module, which needed to be replaced. This was done a long time ago and everything is still working like a champ.
Old 01-19-2017, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
2009 E550 2000 Honda civic mash n' go
something is drawing to many amps causing fuse to blow. probably motor or something of that nature.