E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

E270CDI electric problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E270CDI, W211
Question E270CDI electric problem

Need help urgent... Had this coming and leaving message on dashboard of electronic consumption switced off... I have a new battery, 2 year old alternator and a repaired (probably badly) battery control module. The problem appears non secular. it can drive all day without any message poping out, or it can come up with it 3-4 times during a short journey by switching parking sensors and other electronic consumption when it goes to power save mode.
sometimes it can just switch everything off at the end of journey, when it wont react to anything like the battery dies. it may come back to life in few moments, but once I left it over night and it still was in a dead state, tehn i opened the boot and the magic happened, that ***** came back to life. twice it happened and twice i only open the boot and it just turns itself back on again.

so the answer i think is obvious, the BCM... I was wondering is I am looking for a used part will i have to re-code it and will have to be taken off 270CDI or can it be any other diesel? the new one is not an option as I have spent far too much on this car and I am looking for something more powerful, since my insurance is going lower and lower but I still need to use it for few months and I am afraid of it not starting.

Soryy for a long message if you will read it... just wanted to be as detailed as possbile...
Old 03-07-2017, 09:34 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,048 Likes on 970 Posts
1999 E300TD
Yes!!