E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

W211 - Replace factory head unit with Android navigation unit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2021, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320
Originally Posted by Marcorati
Sorry to bring back this post from the dead, but I just finished installing an Android 8.0 head unit on my 2005 CLK320. My understanding is the wiring on the W211 of the same vintage is the same, do I figured it would help W211 owners looking to do this upgrade. Also, I did a 3 part video series on how to install and it includes a wiring diagram. It was a learn as you go experience, but I figured I would post it here so it can help any of those thinking of doing this upgrade. Link to the W209 thread is listed below:
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...6&goto=newpost
Thank you for sharing your experience. After watching your vid, I have ordered a Seicane HU for my 2003 E320 which comes with fiber optic. I am going to order an Avin MOST fiber optic amp interface like you did to install.

I do have a question on the Avin MOST interface. It requires an aftermarket radio to have the REMOTE ON feature. Can someone explain what is this REMOTE ON feature? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-11-2021, 07:44 PM

E320
Very informative thread. I've learned a lot and decided to install a Seicane android HU to my 2003 E320 with fiber. Attached are some pics of my unit. Can someone let me know the pin-out diagrams of the only two connectors in this unit? Thanks in advance.

Old 01-21-2021, 06:30 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MB E 320 CDI 4matic
Hello guys, any one of you ever ordered from this site and receive the unit?
https://www.belsee.com/belsee-best-a...head-unit.html
best regards
Lubomir
Old 01-21-2021, 06:38 AM

MB E 320 CDI 4matic
Hello guys,
anyone ever ordered from this site and receive the unit?! Google says it is a fraud site
Old 01-21-2021, 10:51 AM

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
'07 E350 (W211)
Originally Posted by Lubo2018
Hello guys,
anyone ever ordered from this site and receive the unit?! Google says it is a fraud site

Yes, I have a Belsee unit. I've had it ~3 years, works great - no complaints really. My only caution would be the older PX5 processor that's been out quite a while. I know there are newer ones out there with the newer PX6 chipset; the PX5 is getting a little old and the newer ones might give a little better performance. I don't notice any performance issues outside of Google Maps though, but Maps does run pretty slow.... it's a bloated pig of an app so that's not shocking. Waze runs fantastic and quick though so I use it for most navigation.
The following users liked this post:
Lubo2018 (01-21-2021)
Old 01-21-2021, 11:13 AM

MB E 320 CDI 4matic
thanks for the reply. I think I ordered the latest model with Android 10.0. Spoke with a technical guy from MB and he recommended it. The only thing that troubled me is they keep silent and no one answers my emails. Google warned this might be a fraud site and I do not like that;-(
Anyway, I'll wait rather a couple of days and then take some action. Thanks again, stay healthy, and have a nice day
Old 01-21-2021, 04:11 PM

'07 E350 (W211)
I didn't have any trouble getting support after I purchased it - though luckily I didn't much technical help, because there was definitely a language barrier. You can try belseetek@gmail.com, "Rambo" was great at responding. Something tells me his real name wasn't Rambo. Good luck!
Lubo2018 (01-21-2021)
Old 01-21-2021, 05:32 PM

MB E 320 CDI 4matic
actually, this Rambo was very quick to answer me they can ship the unit to the Canary Islands and I saw the invoice from them with the item number and the sum I've paid
Nothing else to do but to keep quiet and wait ;-)
robbieas (01-21-2021)
Old 01-24-2021, 09:43 PM

E320
I have ordered two Android HUs, one for a 2004 E320 and the other for a 2007 GL450. Both of them have fibers. Today I installed the new Android HU for GL450. The installation is very easy. However, I found that there is a noise from the speakers from either radio or playing song from a file. This eliminates that the source of the sound is the problem. I am wondering if the RCA connectors to a fiber decoder are the source of the noise. I would like to know if you have similar experience and how to solve this problem.

I ordered both Android HUs from aliexpress.com.

Last edited by bluewater; 01-24-2021 at 09:46 PM.
Old 01-27-2021, 09:42 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
'05 E320CDI, 1987 300E, Vanagon Syncro, Turbo Arrow III
I may (finally) be about to pull the trigger on a Seicane myself. I like that Dynavin has a drop-in, cheap, satellite radio option using the SiriusXM Connect module, but I may opt for an ATSC tuner instead (I had NTSC tuners with Alpine gear in both my 300E and my Vanagon Westfalia Syncro - there's something to be said for TV when it comes to orienting oneself on a new place). If I really have to listen to the SiriusXM content, I suppose I can stream it - it's a little suprising I haven't seen a U.S. market satellite radio tuner module that the Chinese Android head units can't operate, though.

The one difference I think I may include in my install is a Russian-made MOST adapter (Trioma MOST-AMP-4.0) for the Harman-Kardon system that does a sort of software-emulated fader control. The lack of fader control is one of the main things that has caused me to hold off this long. I'm not skittish about pulling wires through the chassis. I have amateur radio gear professionally installed in the car and have had to maintain it over the years. I just hate not taking advantage of a matched speaker/amp system, even if the impedance on the speakers is a little weird. They are available on eBay for $200, and I discovered them via a post by someone in a different Mercedes-Benz online venue.

As a long-time cybersecurity guy, I already have massive supply chain security heartburn over cheap Chinese Internet-connected gear, so why not add Russia to the mix as well? I may put both of these on the bench for a while and do a little security audit before I install them. I've already seen innocuous products come off the shelf with malware pre-installed, so it wouldn't be a huge shock.

It's still worth it, however. Between my Bluetooth kludges for media vs. phone audio and the fact that my factory MHI Bluetooth module hasn't synched a phonebook in about a decade, it's time for an overhaul.
SF2LA (01-16-2024)
Old 01-27-2021, 11:18 AM

'07 E350 (W211)
It was my understanding that the MOST adapter only provided output for the 4 door speakers? It's been a while, perhaps I'm off... but that was why I just pulled new RCA cables and installed my own amp. I didn't realize until I got the unit that I wouldn't have fade (it's just a stereo set of RCA outs) - and that was super annoying. For what it's worth, pulling cables down the side channels to the trunk isn't bad at all in my opinion.

To me the ideal setup would be RCA cables into a solid 8-channel DSP with app based controls that can manage all 7 speakers and the sub, then output that into aftermarket amps like a set of the 4.1 Fosgate amps. I found a few DSPs I liked ~$500 just haven't felt like diving back into installation mode.
Old 01-30-2021, 03:18 AM

MB E 320 CDI 4matic
just to let you know 😀 today I got the tracking number and a message from Rambo:
Thank you for your waiting.
The PX5 is octa core also it is faster.
So far we haven't PX6 on W211 unit. 🤷‍♂️
Now all looks well ;-)))
Old 02-15-2021, 08:00 PM

Received 121 Likes on 63 Posts
2013 E350 Facelift (Japan Import) 2007 E350 Elegance Wagon, 2014 E350 Wagon facelift model Jap Model
Originally Posted by Lubo2018
just to let you know 😀 today I got the tracking number and a message from Rambo:
Thank you for your waiting.
The PX5 is octa core also it is faster.
So far we haven't PX6 on W211 unit. 🤷‍♂️
Now all looks well ;-)))
I looked at these pretty hard, the endless complaints on review sites really scared me off this brand, Amazon is full of pissed off people in all makes of cars having issues with Rambo and his units.
Old 02-15-2021, 09:52 PM

'07 E350 (W211)
The world and pissed off people, go figure. I've have had absolutely zero issues 3-years in. I'm pretty technically competent with these things though, so installation nor operation were much of a hurdle. If it broke today I'd buy another 5 minutes later. Absolutely love it.
Old 02-16-2021, 03:08 PM

MB E 320 CDI 4matic
Originally Posted by robbieas
The world and pissed off people, go figure. I've have had absolutely zero issues 3-years in. I'm pretty technically competent with these things though, so installation nor operation were much of a hurdle. If it broke today I'd buy another 5 minutes later. Absolutely love it.
I got the unite yesterday and I'll put it in the car tomorrow. Wait for feedback🤷‍♂️
robbieas (02-16-2021)
Old 02-22-2021, 03:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E320
I did installation to my E320 yesterday but I am confused with the CANBUS connections.
I don't have the OEM harness in my car.
This is how I did the connection using the drawing below ;
1) Android plug and Canbus decoder are fit and all power lines connected (black, red and yellow).. The unit powers up as expected.
2) Fiber optic interface connected to power and to CANBUS (green/black-green A/B) wired and also to fiber optic cable that I took off from old head unit (A and B)
3) Is there a need to connect C and D lines to CANBUS where I already have a canbus to fiber canbus connection with lines A/B and the fiber converter

MY PROBLEM IS : I have NO AUDIO from the AMPLIFIER....

Old 02-23-2021, 05:33 PM

E320
Hi all...

I am still trying to install my new android head unit into my E320. Still no sound or even remote control from steering wheel controls.

My android head unit lists Canbus RX and Canbus TX in connections pinout table. Does this mean I can connect the device directly to canbus and be able to turn on the amplifier or get keys on wheel working... ?

If Yes, why do I need the "CANBUS DECODER" ?

As Far As I see the CEN BUS DECODER also converts the CAN ???!!! signals from radio to CANBUS as well..

IN my android setup / fartory setup / car settings / menu there is a settings for CANBUS... what that should be ?

Thanks All
Baris DINC

I checked the connections, and I cant understand how the "CANBUS DECODER" attached to my android head unit controls the volume, channel etc. on my device...

Old 02-24-2021, 03:43 AM

E320
I solved the no audio problem....
The CAN-BUS on fiber converter is FAKE I think, I had to connect the device to canbus of the car using the green/green-black wires to brown/brown-red wires on the passenger side trunk...

When I start the radio it powers on the amplifier as well.... But the controls on the steering wheel are not functioning.. What might be the issue ? Is there anything I have to do on the radio side (like factory settings for canbus, ) ?

Car is : E320 W211

Thanks
Baris

Old 02-25-2021, 02:24 AM

E320
Thanks all ..

And I solved the audio control from wheel keys....
did 2 steps :

1) Find appropriate CANBUS definiiton in android settings/factory settings/canbus (mine is 0x4B Benz)
2) Restart everything while the radio is powered while all converters up and running

Also don't forget to connect the system to CANBUS with wiring to canbus-b on passenger side trunk. Also try "wheel keys lerning" in android.. I didn't need to but might help.
Now I can control the radio and see the information on car's own dash displays as well..

Baris DINC
Mercedes E320 W211

baris41 (02-26-2021)
Old 02-25-2021, 04:30 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
w211 e350 4MATIC
Hey guys,

Quick question; I'll buy a new head unit, lots of option on the market almost same price range, would you recommend a specific brand or do they do same job?
Old 03-05-2021, 11:53 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
'05 E320CDI, 1987 300E, Vanagon Syncro, Turbo Arrow III
Srab Cnid: With which unit did you decide to go?
Old 03-09-2021, 05:22 AM

E320
Originally Posted by pa28pilot
Srab Cnid: With which unit did you decide to go?
I bought Seicane
baris41 (03-09-2021)
Old 03-11-2021, 02:51 PM

MB E 320 CDI 4matic
Hi, now as the unit is installed, I have trouble saving the radio stations. Nothing works for me. The DVD does not work as well-only audio -no video, no controls. Rambo told me to put another DVD inside, but the DVD I have is original, and do not believe there is a problem with it. Any help? 😷
Old 04-06-2021, 08:24 AM

MB E 320 CDI 4matic
Hi, robbieas,
I wonder if I need to upgrade the software for my unite. I have some issues like I can not save the radio station and they use to move randomly so I have to search my favorites again and again. My DVD player does not function either-any audio.I have this belsee android 10 , the china unite.Any help you can provide me-thanks a lot
Old 06-22-2021, 10:28 AM

MB E 320 CDI 4matic
Already some months with the unit and find out a lot of crap with it. First I can't adjust the analog clock . Then all the functions the car has from the original unit just disappeared. Can't adjust the mirrors, the lights inside, and many other things from the menu. In fact, there is no menu at all-only the aux heating can be accessed.
Anything you might say about those troubles?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: W211 - Replace factory head unit with Android navigation unit