E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

I want to make my own E55/E63 wagon.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 09:19 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2005 E500 4matic Wagon
Originally Posted by Strigoi
Exactly! My E63 has way more power than needed for a daily driver. I'd rather drive my W210 wagon that has less than half the power, which I do. The E63 is fun as ****, but I don't want to drive it daily.

Just wait until you need his help...

There also isn't much technical talk in this thread. You're just posting about **** you want to do.
Ok, sometimes one posts something and later realizes that it was harsh and unneccessary. Sorry about that kajtek1.
Old 12-02-2018, 10:12 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2005 E500 4matic Wagon
Originally Posted by kajtek1
I know it is lovely to have high HP available, but what is the point?
Maybe there isn't a point, but there is something about having ridiculous amounts of horsepower and torque that a lot of people love, and are willing to sacrifice fuel economy for.

One of my previous project cars was a 92 Honda Civic VX, a car that is famous for getting great fuel economy. I spent a couple years tweaking and modifying that car until I was getting 60+ mpg at 60 mph on the freeway and over 40 mph in city driving. The challenge was fun, but there wasn't the thrill that comes from feeling the forces of physics acting on one's body when accelerating, breaking, or cornering in an overly-capable car. It was a good daily driver (though it became quite ugly as I changed it), but it wasn't satisfying at all in the way that even my E500 wagon is.
Old 12-02-2018, 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,379 Posts
1922 Ford Model T / no OBD
So you did have fun from mpg challenge.
But just like previous challenge, the one from making monster wagon very likely will come and go. Unfortunately gone money will not come back and sounds like you are talking big money.
When I bought few high-HP cars in the past, I have reflexes to control them at high acceleration, but turned out my wife and lot of passengers would panic in those moments. This isn't for everybody and having fun alone is not that much fan. Search youtube for Corvette crash. Lot of people buy top cars with no idea how to control them.
I wish you lot of fun on the project.
Old 12-05-2018, 12:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,379 Posts
1922 Ford Model T / no OBD
Just for the fun, I think it is easy to predict what we all want to drive
Enjoy